Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Will a xbox 360 controller turn on a xbox one

Hi just a random question for anyone who knows for definite or if someone can test, will a xbox 360 controller turn on a xbox one Console. I know it sounds wierd as they are not compatible but I read on another forum a while ago that apparently a wired 360 controller will turn a xbox one console on.

Thanks for anyone who can settle my curiosity

I can try this later and tell you. I never thought to try as they aren't compatible.

Thanks mate, if you post your findings as a answer I will accept it as answer. Cheers

What adapter do you need the Xbox 360 or Xbox one adapter to connect to the Xbox one from and Xbox 360 controller

@lost815execute, John, Found this info. at link below. Also a video link with pretty much same info.

The Xbox One can not directly accept input from an Xbox 360 controller - however, with Windows 10, there is a work around.

Windows 10 allows you to set up your Xbox One to stream to your computer. While streaming to your computer, you are directed to connect the controller into the computer, not the Xbox One.

In this form, Xbox 360 controllers will work for playing Xbox One games. You can directly plug in a wired controller, or use an adapter, if you are using the wireless controllers. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/question...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0b3lD1...

Hi yes it was helpful, but I ok wondered if it would turn the console on, rather than using it for gaming. Thank you for your answer though

John, Checked again, from all the site's I visited, even the one's using special adapter do not "state" that xbox 360 controller will power on xbox one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-PQILb...

Even a wired controller have trouble at times the 360 controllers can work while system is on but i not seen any that can turn console on if they made it simple(which microsoft could)but then again we are talking about a money hungry company so there for they would make alot less by allowing 360 controllers to simply work with ease microsoft once tried to charge an older lady i knew 125 dollars to use remote access to defrag her computer while i was out of town so dont expect them to wanna save the poorer people any money anytime soon(i could give you many prime examples)

Hearing you try to charge an older lady like that disgusts me.

so u can use it tp play or

Thank you very much for this helpful post.

Can I connect any xbox controller to the xbox one by using a wire

John will be eternally grateful.