No service on iPhone 6

I recently bought this iPhone 6 with 64GB, the issue was that the previous owner got no service on the phone. The phone is unlocked and I've reset all settings (network etc.), I opened it up and the water sensors have not been activated so no water damage. What can it be? I've seen a solution where people take the logic board out and with soldering iron solder a part of it. What is this process?

I've also checked the little fuzzy part of the connector inside of the phone (located at the top middle, and it seems intact.

It detects the sim card but I just get No service or Searching...

Has anyone gotten a solution with this?

You could try replacing the Lightning dock

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector Assembly Replacement

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

After that, I would guess the Qualcomm WTR1625L RF Transceiver. Which requires microsoldering, which isn't for beginners. I hear iPad Rehab does good work

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Product

$24.99

Thank you for this tip, but why does this work?

It's most likely the Baseband chip. There is a design flaw where two connections for the baseband chip get damaged and the chip no longer connects. The baseband is responsible for service on the device.

Some symptoms for the baseband chip connection being faulty is greyed out wifi, saying anything other than "no sim" when there is no sim in the device, and also if you type *#06# and your imei doesnt show up you definitely have baseband chip issue.

Elisa will be eternally grateful.