Netbooks need repair too, keep them on the go with our guides.

Chrome not installing on laptop computer

I have a problem with my laptop computer because it will not install google chrome. I try to open the file but it says: Not a valid exe application. I downloaded it from www.chrome.com so what is wrong. I really want to view my Pinterest on my laptop

Considering your computer is running windows ME, it must be painfully slow. If you are just using it for chrome and Pinterest, I'd consider buying a chromebook, which are very affordable.

Most Helpful Answer

@shellysea download it from here. It will also help if you let us know what OS you are running on your computer (Windows ver?)

Ok what does your computer say when you power it up? Win Me does not support Chrome. There is a way around this but it is pretty cumbersome and not really efficient. Consider either to upgrade your OS or use a browser that support Me.

The sticker on my laptop says designed for windows ME

It says Windows ME, do I need to buy a new computer to run chrome? I have had this computer for 13 years, it's kind of slow.

I am not sure that I would suggest to buy a new computer just so that you can run Chrome. I'd use a different browser. Something that is compatible with your OS.

Shelly Igloosta will be eternally grateful.