The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

earpiece not working but in different phone is working

Hi everyone

I have problem with one iPhone 5C, the earpiece won't work but if you press on it works.

I replace the screen with new earpiece and new proximity flex that are working in different device and still it doesn't work when I place back in the phone.

Anyone had this issue before?

Thank you for your help

Could it be the screen frame? I've seen screen frames where they have caused horrible installation of the metal plate and two screws for the earpiece / front camera assembly.

Hi Ben,

I have tried with numerous screens and is still not working.

I have put full assembly screen with all installed that work in different phone and when I put it in the one with the issue doesn't want to work.

So I guess it is not the screen it is motherboard issue but I don't know where to look and what to do.

If you have any ideas I will appreciate the help.

Probably you have damaged the J1 connector or a part near this connector. See the schematic, check pins 24,26,28 and parts that connect to this pins.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The phone came with this problem and I just couldn't fix it :)

I will check this pins and see if any of them are damaged.

Mimi will be eternally grateful.