The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

iPad2 pages constantly reload and typing often lags

My iPad2 was running the original iOS and started getting "flaky" (the technical term?) so, last month, I downloaded 9.5.3 and, wait for it, things got worse.

Random slow page loads, but worst of all, pages disappear and I get the dreaded "a problem has occurred with this page and it is being reloaded". To torture myself, I watched a page do this over and over for 5 minutes.

I have run a reboot (500 times, minimum), reset, erased history and a number of other suggestions found on the interweb, to no avail.

The problem seems worse on pages with lots of ads and sidebars. My Times subscription has become useless since I can't read fast enough between reloads. Also, the problem happens during "reader view" too.

And another thing! Autofill doesn't work.

My iPad has become a brick.

Help me Obi Wan.

Try another browser such as Chrome or Dolphin.

Try Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Settings (only settings!)

Thanks! I'm running Chrome now and have done the reset you suggest.

I'll research Dolphin and may give it a try.

The older iPads and iPhones turn into sloths when you install iOS 9.X.

I can vouch for that! Is it possible to download an older iOS? Like maybe dos

How about CP/M..!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to "downgrade" to a previous version of iOS. The only time you can do that is within a week or so of a new release. You can check out this article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/230144/how-to-...

It's a bit dated but explains some of the mechanics. Essentially, Apple doesn't want you going back .

Steve Waclo will be eternally grateful.