Huawei's 2016 flagship smartphone. Features a unibody case and dual rear-camera setup developed in partnership with Leica. Comes in 32/64 GB storage options and six different finishes. Model numbers EVA-L29, EVA-L19, and EVA-L09.

Backlight won't work after screen replacement

Good evening everyone,

I'm currently writing this because I haven't found anyone that has the same issue as I have. Briefly, I cracked my P9's display 2 months ago and since nobody fixes Huawei's products where I live, I decided to fix it myself by buying a new display on the internet.

At first, I didn't recognise that the display I recived wasn't the right one, the cable was black so it was supposed to be for the Lite version of P9 (great sellers...). As soon as I connected anything I turned it on but I could see pretty much nothing. Then I finally realized it was not compatible with my phone, then I ordered a new brand one once again, this time from another seller though. I was so happy that I could finally fix it and be sure it was going to be compatible (in fact it is compatible): same problem, I can hear every single sound, everything works but the display doesn't show up.

Now, I can see the screen with a lamp on it and the touch works perfectly, so surely the problem is the backlight that doesn't turn on at all.

Is it possible that I broke something on the mobo or the display that wasn't compatible messed up the display connector? I'm not trying to buy a new display because I'm mad at this and I won't waste a single penny on it furthermore.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The displays are both Huawei original brand.

i have same problem

I'm surprised people are blowing up backlight circuits for Huawei P9 screen replacement. Did you guys forget to unplug the battery first?

Actually I don't remember what I unplugged first, it could be that I unplugged the screen contact first, yes.

Hi, have the same problem, I think the backlight diode is not working but I don't know when is it placed on the mobo and how to replace. There is many issue on iPhone 6 but nothing on any Huawei

Hello do you know what the diode?

any solution?? I have the same problem, my screen broke and I changed it by a new one that worked for an hour, but after that the screen turned off but operating system is still turned on, I have tried 2 screens and nothing, what is the problem??

Also looking for a solution to this. Unplugged battery as always before changing screen. 2 screens no backlight. Anyone know where the backlight diode is?

Try this solution and say thanks to the good man

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f846/hua...

Valentino Poltera will be eternally grateful.