Where can I get a part that hold digitizer ribbon in place?

I was trying to replace the broken digitizer touch screen. In taking out the old broken one, the thin black plastic piece that hold the 50-pin digitizer against the "motherboard" broke. ( I'm not sure what the correct name for that part is). Not the part on the motherboard with the pins, just that piece that sanwiches the pins and ribbon together. Does anyone know how or where I can get that part? Without it, the whole tablet is worthless.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

@tsbarker13 ,Terry, I have had no luck trying to find a replacement ribbon cable retainer for your device through searches, you may also give it a try. Just a thought, a small piece of 2 sided tape(cut to appropriate length) and a small piece of foam rubber(shaved to correct thickness and length) placed over the connection, sandwiching it in place, is this something that could work temporarily until you can locate retainer. Again just an idea, good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.


Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

This seems to be working. I modified the advice to find this solution. I cut a popcycle stick down to be just the size for the ribbon retainer. I placed it over the ribbon and held it in place with duct tape. Then I took a piece of magic eraser down to cover the stick with a cavity, and the thickness such that with the back in place, it puts some pressure to keep the pins in contact. Here is the idea in case anyone else wants to try it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Terry Barker will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 28