Replace TS0P (Palm rest temp sensor) or disable it

I'm certain that my Palm rest temp sensor (aka TS0P) is faulty as I can see the reading from iStats as -128, which fires up the fan speed to max and kill CPU power and Wi-Fi

• Question is: Is there a way to tell the mac to ignore these readings or replace it?

According to what I read; this sensor is in the cable of the trackpad. Can you confirm this is the case?

note: I've tried to unplug the whole trackpad, same thing. the temp is still -128

Guys I solved the problem!

It was !&&* of a 8 months of searching and debugging. I wrote a post about it here: https://addaxsoft.com/blog/dyi/fixing-fa...

Most Helpful Answer

Replace the trackpad cable (usually people sell the cable with the trackpad, not the cable on it's own).

If there is an issue with the cable, or the MacBook doesn't detect a trackpad plugged in, the fans will spin up since it has no reading from the sensor.

actually I found the cable only on aliexpress for 10 buks, but it wasn't the one causing this issue!

Try to unplug the webcam, wifi, Bluetooth and trackpad cable and see if that makes the temp go down,

it gave the same crazy reading of -128 when I unplug it!

AKZ will be eternally grateful.