The Toshiba Satellite L300 was a notebook designed and sold by Toshiba that came with a version of Windows Vista force fed. They were sold around May-June 2009 and while ineligible for the free 7 upgrade,time past and upgrades are unclaimable now,run 7 home premium well without upgrades mainly because of Vista's resource hog quality

Windows restart or hang! after plug in adapter

Please help me for my laptop ..

I don't know how to fix my laptop. windows restart or hang after i plug in AC/DC Adapter. But in running no OS (DOS) and booting from CD OS that's is no problem.

Yours only just stopped working! Try booting from the DVD drive instead of Windows Vista (Horrible OS). But before you install Windows XP check that you can still get drivers for the computer.

My laptop died just after a year from the hard drive dying a second time and the motherboard dying. I would just buy a new computer. The machine isn't worth your time trying to fix it. I'm sure you'll find Windows 7 is quite good, Toshiba have some OK ones out at the moment but shop around, as I think Toshiba have lost their way from others and my experience with their laptops.

Hope all goes well.

I do not think that it is the Toshiba brand that gives that error, I do agree that Vista is a beast of an OS. That is where the trouble with riyadh's computer is.

It is definitely a hardware problem. My Toshiba Satellite laptop is hanging as well. i tried everything, either there is an IC or some board problem.

i guess using not original adaptor causing this problem.

Kaleem

Toronto

Most Helpful Answer

tdnet, try this first. I am not sure but most certainly do not think that it is a faulty IC

If a new program has made your computer behave unpredictably, and uninstalling the new program did not help, you can try the Windows XP System Restore tool.

Important If you have not previously set a restore point in System Restore, you cannot restore your computer to a previous state. If you are not sure, or if you have not previously set a restore point, contact Support.

Restore to a point where you know your computer functioned without problems.

To start System Restore using the Command prompt, follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer, and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
  2. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
  3. If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
  4. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
  5. At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
  6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.

If this does not work let us know since there is a way to repair Win without losing your info.....good luck:)

To me it sounds like windows is corrupt. It was probably a driver update or just an update from MS themselves. If you can not do a system restore because it will not let you it also could be a virus. If it works in safe mode go there back up your files and wipe it and re-install the OS. Make sure you scan your files with a antivirus before you dump them back. In the long run you will probably end up saving time going this route. The bonus is Windows will be quicker with a fresh install.

Sure agree with you there ;-)

the problem is the nec tokin oe907 capacitor.

there is a guide how to replace the bad capacitor

Toshiba freezing and restarting

,if its work fine on SAFEMODE, windows driver error.....its a hardware failure problem.

Cled Tayame thanks for the last instruction again but when i did as u instructed, it show this message "System Restore is not able to protect your computer. pleas restart your computer, and then run System Restore again..................

pls i want you to know that i have reloaded my laptop from Windows Vista to Xp at the very start when i both it cuz windows vista does not support my work thanks in advance...

All the more reason to believe that it is an XP issue. Try to repair XP. There is a way to do it without having to reinstall your files and your desktop will remain. The instructions are on here http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_x... to Repair Windows XP by Installing Over top of Existing Setup: and here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatings... As for your error message under system restore, it appears that you may have the option "turn off system restore" marked as on. That is why it can not restore. The answers are here http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win... good luck and let us know for what works.

Cled Tayame thanks for the last instruction it works fine on SAFEMODE so how do i solve the windows driver error?

,trace windows driver that comes faulty....but im sure its a faulty chips on logic board.....

,i've encountered this problem before.... i do a lot of experiments just to solve the problem by installing XP, VISTA and 7... i also tried replacing some parts except the logic board but i failed. it was proven in TOSHIBA forum that there was problem on a chipset as the laptop grow old...this model was satellite L30X series.... even toshiba did not solved the problem...

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Batteries-a...

i prefer disabling the other processor since all of you are dual core. hope this helps.

I guess it's not the adapter since I tried different ones and didn't solve.

I suspect this happened when I connected notebook in the same plug that had a fan. I don't know but I guess it may have made some influence in notebook... Just guessing.

Felipe Costa, any way you could download any of the programs that are available to measure the temperature. Something like the speedfan utils and post your temp on battery power and when you plug the AC adapter in. I think this could be caused by a difference in temperature and have an idea that I would like to verify by obtaining the temperature difference.

Hello oldturkey,

Thanks for replying.

Actually now I have some good news.

The problem is solved partially. I put Ubuntu in safe mode graphics and it is working for more than 20 minutes now...

I've read about that before with people using Windows but I hadn't tried in Ubuntu. It crashed the first time after 3 minutes but it's working fine now.

The processor temperature is 60oC now and Hard disk is 37oC. In a momment it was 74oC no problem.

There's something weird happening I shall say. The notebook is on my legs and I feel a little eletricity escaping behind the battery. Sometimes stronger than other times. It just happens when I use the AC power.

Hope to help to someone and finally solve my problem too...

Best regards

Felipe, is there any differecne in tempearture when you run it on battery vs. AC adapter. Yes, I read the issues related to Windows and the Windows drivers as well, but there is the possibility of other issues as well. Just trying to validate something. Thanks.

No oldturkey, any difference in temperature.

I'm thinking if there's some relationship with Graphics board... Just rambling.

Thanks.

Is it still working okay with your version of Ubuntu?

1. In DOS or Safe Mode, only one core of Processor work

2. When two cores worked, CPU power supply dropped

3. Your Laptop will hang or restart.

4. http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Batteries-a...

My best guess would be the RAM

hi, I solved the problem with the Toshiba Satellite Pro L-300 by disabling the secondary Processor Core thru BIOS setup. OS is now Windows XP Pro from Vista and now when I plug the ac adapter no hanging up.- Problem solved.

Solutions :-

THIS IS BECAUSE OF MOTHERBOARD PROBLEM, U NEED TO REPLACE CAPACITOR PACK WHICH

IS AVILABLE BOTTOM OF MBD

thanks...........

my Toshiba laptop problem is a windows start and put in the charger saddanly hang the laptop

have you tried any of the above solutions yest? What have you tried?

what is capicator on mother board, and where is located can you send me screen shot? how to change it where i can buy it?

i am using l300 toshiba

Disabling All processors worked for me

riyadh will be eternally grateful.