The LG G4 was released in the US in early June 2015, as always focusing on high-end specifications and a refined fashion sense that makes it stand out in the premium smartphone market. Each version of the phone will have a different model number based on if it is sold by a carrier or sold by LG as a US Unlocked or International model.

I have bad reception. How do I replace the antenna

Hi. I have been having really bad reception with my LG G4 recently. Calls sometimes drop but I mostly have issues with texted and mobile date losing signal or not sending or receiving. Does anyone know where the antenna is located and how to fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

DiffuseMAVERICK , From a lot of forums I have read it is probably not a antenna issue. You may want to check through the links below before cracking open your phone to check the antenna.

Wi-Fi Issues- Potential solutions: From digital Trends link below.

You should always start with the easiest potential fix, which is to turn your router off and turn your phone off and then turn them both back on again.

Now try going to Settings > Wi-Fi and long press on the network you are trying to connect to, then tap Forget and set the connection up anew.

Take a look in Settings > General > Battery & power saving and check that Battery saver isn’t interfering with your Wi-Fi.

Check in Settings > General > Smart Functions > Smart Settings and make sure nothing in here is interfering with your Wi-Fi.

If you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz band then try 5GHz instead and vice versa.

Download and install Wifi Analyzer and check how busy your channels are. You may need to switch to a less crowded channel.

Check in with your ISP or router manufacturer and make sure that your router firmware is up to date.

If all above fails you have an option to performing a“wipe cache partition” see link #2 or a factory reset(will lose all data not backed up).

Turn off the LG G4

At the same time, hold the power off, volume up and the home button

After a few seconds, the LG G4 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started

Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it

After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the LG G4 with “reboot system now”

Hard/Factory reset:

Turn on the LG G4.

Once you get to the Home Screen go to Menu and then to Settings.

Select Backup & reset and then Reset device.

To confirm your choice select Erase everything.

Last link, tear down guide will show you how to open phone to check antenna, at step 4, 2nd picture. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-g...

http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-fix-lg-g...

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g4-pr...

LG G4 Teardown

The question was about dropping calls not WIFI. I have someone with the same problem. None of the solutions that you gave were for cellular service

DiffuseMAVERICK will be eternally grateful.