Having a LCD Backlight problem iMac 21.5" late 2013 820-3302-A

Hi techs

One of my costumers brought this iMac for repair, it was working fine while watching NetFlix and then, the screen went dark but voice still working.

I put the light on the LCD and I was able to see the apps, I plugged it to TV screen and it works just fine. Any help with that please?

Is there any fuse or a component for the backlight I need to check ( similar to the filter of iPad mayber ) ???

I've tested the outputs at the logic board feeding the flex cable which goes to the leds and found there's 0 volt on each!!!

Ahhhh!

Gotcha

It's FB9708

Many thanks for all

@iphix what is the 820-XXXX number on your Logic board?

820-3302-A

Thank you

Most Helpful Answer

@iphix start by checking the backlight fuse F9700 for continuity. It is a 5A 32V fuse in a 0603 package. If you have conitinuity, then you do want to check it for 12V on either end of the fuse. Black to ground and Red to the contact on the fuse. You do of course need to power up the board.

Since you have power on the fuse, use the schematic to check the next components for power. test until you find the component that no longer shows power. Also, do not forget to check the backlight connector J9700

Thank you

I have got 12.14v on both sides

Justin will be eternally grateful.