Fujifilm FinePix S9500 is a bridge digital camera released by Fujifilm in 2005 and intended for the enthusiastic amateur.

Can I fix my broken command dial myself?

Is there a fix for my broken command dial on the top plate of my S9500? If not, can I send out just the top plate to have the hex key on command dial replaced?

Top cover.

Broken stud on command dial

Allen wrench and T7 hex

Hole appears to be Allen vs hex

@galestorming not quite sure which hex key you are referring to or what is wrong with it. Check the disassembly manual on here ==>FinePix-S9500.pdf. It looks like you are looking at the ASSY CASE TOP part number BU03065-100. Post some images of what exactly needs to be prepared with your question. It will allow us to see what you see. For that use this guide

Oldturkey03,

Here are some photos of my issue. I hope this helps you help me. :)

Okay looks like there are plenty of S9500 out there with the same problem Looks like Fujifilm is not help with this. A T7 Torx will fit but you will still have to come up with attaching that to the command dial. You could always cut a T7 bit to size drill the inner part of the command dial and then use some strong adhesive to glue the bit to the wheel. different camera same idea. see if that makes sense to you.

This "different camera" is exactly where I started my search. :) Jose used a T7 hex bit and drilled and glued his. I will give this a try. Thanks!

Hi gail storm did you manage to sort out the command dial problem?

Hello hbcgar, No....I did not. I got frustrated and put it aside. :( I should give it another try, huh?

Well I tried, stripped it down , and I now have issues with the mode selector, it freewheels instead of locking on a setting. Not sure what has happened as there is just a copper washer and the silver plate. I have tried fitting it back in different ways but it still freewheels.

The command dial looks straight forward enough. OldTurkey's suggestion will work I think.

Gail Storm will be eternally grateful.