Repair guides and support for vehicles manufactured by the Buick Motor Division of General Motors (GM).

Where is the temperature sending unit on a 2006 lacrosse cxl

Temperature gauge quit working on 2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL. How can I tell where the problem is?

Coolant sender unites do fail from time to time but before taking it out make sure you have enough coolant in the system for the sender to work . Often people will think there car has fixed itself when its running hot and then the temperature gauge goes down to nothing . this just means theres no fluid in the system at the sender . without the fluid there the sender cannot send a temp so it goes to zero. So before replacing the sender make sure your fluid level is up to proper levels. Hope this helps

If the coolant had gone low, this would allow air into the system and on the Buick 3.8 will have to be bled out/burped or the air pocket could cause this issue. Just refilling the coolant is not enough sometimes.

excellent point @lpfaff1 Just this week I was 3 hours bleeding the air out of a 2001 Honda civic that wasn't giving any heat . I ended up raising the rear of the car to finally get the air to move enough to get heat in the car. Very frustrating

@jimfixer , Jim sometimes that is the only way that seams to work, it can be a bear even with suction or pressure systems.

abbyshepard10 the cause could be a bad Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.

3.6 L engine

3.8L engine

abbyshepard10 will be eternally grateful.