A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Game Corrupt Data Then Console Powers Down!

I have a Playstation 4 from a family member as they have a new one since it was broken. I am having an issue where the power supply just seems to randomly power off but only when I am trying to play a game...

I have tried changing the wire for the power, I have also tried starting the console in Safe Mode and rebuilt the database, done an update and even initialized the console both quickly and fully.

I can play DVD's in the console no problem but as soon as I pop a game in, I can hear the disc drive working overtime, the game then shows as corrupt data and within a few seconds the whole console just powers down.

I have no idea what is causing this and was wondering if anyone came across any similar problems? I have a suspicion that it is either the disc drive itself or the power supply to the console but I don't understand why the disc wouldn't read then the console would power off...

I can leave the console on the dash board and idle for ages and watch DVD's, I watched over 4 hours worth without it cutting out.

Can anyone shed any light at all on this? I have ordered the T8 I need to gain access to the insides, it is an old 500GB model with no warranty.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Have you tried with another hard drive?

Thanks S W - I never even thought this could be an issue since it was powering off and reading disc as corrupt data. I had a spare SATA drive lying around so I popped that into the PS4 and formatted it all and bang, it works! Thanks again.

I replaced my SATA hard drive from the original 500gb it game with to a 750gb and it now works perfect. It appears that the hard drive must have been damaged.

Thought I would post this just in case anyone else every experiences this problem.

Thanks to S W for your reply which made me try the hard drive.

Jamie Watson will be eternally grateful.