Screen went black nothing works

A week ago the screen went black, its past warranty, so I took it to a phone repair shop, he tried installing a new screen, still black, phone works, but no image. Tired hard reseting, DFU, restore, updates, etc.. still nothing.at one point, after sitting for a while, I'd tap the home screen and the screen would flicker on for a millisecond, then back to black. Apple "was" going to swap mine out for a "new " one and I'd have to pay $329 as well... since its past the warranty, but then the jerk at Apple care on the Chat room said I'm screwed as I had a "unauthorized" store open the phone up. I said it's irrellavent since it's past the warranty, he said not true and I'm going to have to buy a new phone at full price!! I plan on calling HIS bosses and getting the facts. So I'm hoping I can have someone FIX this issue.

That sucks...but I think there are some lessons to be learned from this.

Why don't you try again and get a different "genius". You might get a different answer next time if you explain your situation differently.

That said, you will only get a refurbished device if they do an OOW swap. It will not be a new phone. People don't realize that.

It would be much more economical to have the phone fixed by an experienced micro-solderer and you wouldn't have to worry about potentially losing your data if you don't have a backup.

You don't give us much info on what led up to the screen failure so it's hard to troubleshoot remotely. But you may have a damaged backlight circuit. Turn on your phone, push the home button and then shine a flashlight on the screen. If you see a dim image, then your backlight circuit is dead.

The iPhone 6S also has a replacement program for battery issues. Your battery may have died (you don't say if this was checked). Check out this site: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-u...

So you have options...start by checking the replacement program, then another genius and then look for a micro-soldering repair shop. You can check my profile or search the forum, there are several active micro-solderers here.

Kevin will be eternally grateful.