Apple announced the Retina MacBook 2015, model A1534, on March 9, 2015 to launch on April 10. It has a new unibody construction and includes an updated trackpad, keyboard, and Retina display.

MacBook 2015 and MacBook 2016 Retina Display assembly compatability?

My friend cracked his retina display on his Retina MacBook 2015, model A1534. Is it possible to use a Retina MacBook 2016, model A1534 to replace it or is it possible that even though the model number is the same that they will not be compatible?

Both the screen itself and the lid assembly are exactly the same between these models, so yes, it will be compatible as long as you are ordering an A1534 screen.

I would tent to agree with you, which is why I have the 2016 display assembly already. However, the logic board is different between the models and the retina display does seem to have some slight differences between the 2015 and 2016 models. In fact, the cable that connects from the logic board to the display assembly doesn't seem to have the 2016 models listed as being compatible on sites where it is sold (though this could just be because they are new, but they aren't THAT new).

Source:

https://www.commandmacparts.com/product/...

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-12...

The logic board is the only difference between these models, the screen, keyboard, charging port and probably more are the same. I have used the screen panels on both year models, and also lid assemblies too.

The links you gave just were not updated to include the 2016 model. If you look on eBay at the A1534 lid assemblies sold, most sellers have made sure to include both the 2015 and 2016 models in the compatibility list

j.s.touvelle will be eternally grateful.