Routing clutch cable from deck to engage lever

I gave craftsman model no 917.289223 and am replacing the clutch cable. What route does the cable take from the spring on the mower deck to the engage lever under the steering wheel?

@houseofdavid , David , You may have to remove the gas tank if in the way, cable loops behind deck, then gets secured in a wire hanger or if missing, tie strap(use a couple) as you feed cable along, to inside frame rail/body above deck feeding it up to the control lever through slot/hole/opening. It is actually easier to hook cable up to the lever first and feed down from the top along frame rail attaching as you go with a few plastic tie straps as you go. Links below may help a bit. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/replace-clu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cKjePh...

L Pfaff- Your answer helped a lot. I had some trouble when I installed the cable, tho. The plastic piece that holds the cable covering in place and lets the cable slide broke off when I tried to engage the blades. There was quite a bit of tension on the cable which caused the breakage. Is there any way to adjust the tension?

There is a "L" shaped bracket on the deck near the spring that has some adjustment. Is that where I need to make an adjustment? What would cause the tension on the cable?

David, Sorry to here you had a little problem, tensioner arm may be seized, with belt and cable off check to make sure the swivel point/bolt for the tensioner arm is not seized up as they usually do(should swing very free) and I do believe there is adjustment with the bracket you are talking about.

David will be eternally grateful.