Why will Water filter not turn to lock in place?

Why can't the refrigerator water filter 4396701 be turned to lock in place?

Sharon-if the filter is located in the top right rear of the fresh food section then I experience this a lot. I don't know why, but I have to remove the top shelves to install it. If the filter is located elsewhere refer to LPlaffs answer.

@lorene56 , Sharon, Compare new and old filter for correct size. Make sure you remove the dust cap/plug from the inlet on new filter. Check to see if all rubber O rings are still attached to old filter and not stuck inside the fridge filter housing. Use a flashlight to look in the fridges filter housing to see if some foreign object is in the way of new filter locking in. Try a little vegetable oil on the new filter cartridges rubber O rings to help it slide easier and lock in. Last of all sometimes it just takes a little more force/strength, let some else give it a try and do not be afraid to give it a wiggle side to side and up and down while pushing in. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.filtersfast.com/blog/index.ph...

Sharon Watley will be eternally grateful.