Put a iPhone 7 battery in iPhone 6S?

So seeing that the iPhone 7 has a new battery with a bit more power, it made me wonder if you could theoretically mod the 7 battery to work in a 6S?

I mean they both use 4 pin connectors? I would assume iOS could detect a 7 battery and use it correctly(charging , etc) but I don't know for sure.

As for the battery connector, maybe soldering is possible?

iOS 10 made the iPhone 6s battery crap! As well as iOS 11, I would’ve put my iOS 9 iPhone 6plus battery in my 7 Plus or even 8 plus since it’s bigger and lasts longer! Physically bigger and optimized by the 8 plus , oooooh! Would’ve been amazing! Hopefully it’s software because iPhone 7 Plus battery is worse than the 6 plus! Both software and physically MAH wise

I put an iphone 7 battery in my iphone 6s successfully too. Had to bend a little the cable connector to fit as described. full capa 2000mAh now! thanks all

According to iFixit:

This battery will only work in an iPhone 7. It will not work in an iPhone 7 Plus. Be sure you have identified your iPhone correctly. You can ID Your iPhone here in one quick step.

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery Image

Product

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery

$29

You did not understand: the question is do IP7 and IP6s have identical batteries in SIZE? Has anybody compare the size? these 2 phones are identical in size, logically, so are the batteries. Swapping the connector is easy.

Hi I can confirm that yo can use iphone 7 battery for 6s. I just put it on and works as it has same connector. Only difference is cable is longer than 6s but you can fold it for shape.

Can you try and see if the iPhone 6 Plus battery will work in the 7 or 8 plus??? It’s technically a bigger MAH and when I had the 6 plus it lasted so long almost 7 hours onscreen usage.. I’m sure you guys did too, then iOS 10 and 11 ruined our batteries and we only get 3-5 hours

Hi no it won’t as Apple fitted different connectors each battery of type. Only 7 battery fit to 6s as I did already and battery life it’s double now. May be 7 plus one can fit 6s plus but one one will do this job for you as they worries of damaged your phone. Hope it’s help

I have successfully added iPhone 7 battery in my iPhone 6s and it’s showing the higher capacity. The answer from ifixit is the official Apple answer but clearly we have been successful in adding the battery. Watch out for cable length which is a few mm longer and need to be bent to fit in iPhone 6s.

I did this and it works fine. The flex wire is a little longer on the 7 battery and you may have to bend and connect to the 6s connector in motherboard - no issues and i even get a longer screen (+ 2hours approx) on time due to the higher capacity.

Coconut battery says designed battery capacity as 1715 mAh and current capacity as 1950 mAh.

Does the phone recognise it as 1715 or 1950?

It recognizes as 1950

[image|1510894]

Okay so let’s go over this. The iPhone 6p, 6s, 6sp all use the same connection. I can speak from personal experience that the 7 battery will work just fine in the 6s so that means that the iPhone 7 battery works in the iPhones that work with the 6p batteries. (Aside from cable size) the OP is asking if the 7p battery will fit in the 6p. For that I have tried clipping the 7p battery into the 6sp since I use those batteries for testing when microsoldering if my cable set is being used elsewhere. That being said I tried it one time so have Just been a dummy as the 7 and 7p FPC connection is the same. To add to this just because I have had a positive experience with using a 7 battery in my 6s does not mean that the contacts for the data lines are the same. It also does not mean that it will not cause damage to Tigris or Tristar. I would advise you to use the respective battery for your device. Also if you really want to then you can use the 6sp battery in your 6p. That is fine to do. In the end it’s a battery as long as you don’t have a polarity issue then you’re fine in theory. With battery explosions happening from time to time I don’t want to stick my neck out and say oh yeah sure bro go for it.

That means its possible to use the iPhone 7 Battery in an iPhone 6s?

That would mean an additional 245 mAh. Can you confirm it works?

EDIT: just realized that the voltage level differs by 0.02 V...

Hi yes you can use iphone 7 battery for 6s as I did and its running smoothly and of corse longer battery life. Only the flexy cable longer you need to fold it to shape and fit. Atb

Can u use a iPhone 6 battery in a iPhone 7 plz

No. 6 batteries got different plug as 7 batteries also why would you put it 6 battery to 7? 7 battery much more ah

battery from iphone 7 plus on iphone 6s?

No this will not work as the battery connection into the circuit/logic board is different between these two models, so it physically will not fit.

It would have been nice though.

ok, but who klnow the exact size ip6s vs ip7 batteries.? if it's the same, then teoreticaly we can detach and swap the battery controllers. The battery cell only has 2 terminals - and + . I 've done it for nokias. Somebody compare the sizes?

Hi the 7 battery is thicker then 6s one so if you put 7 battery to 6s unable to fit screen back on

Hello. I confirm that i put a iphone 7 battery in iphone 6s and works perfect making my phone more powerfull! You just need to bend carefully the cable!

What about this??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-High-Capa...

Would the sudden increase in capacity play havoc with the phones power management system?

The Gold Batteries have been reported to have just the same capacity as the default ones. See here:

Gold, high capacity battery? What is that?

Forget it buddy its low quality chinese copy can damege your phone.

As I commented abowe use iphone 7 genuine battery for 6s it works.

did you have to do something to get it to change to 1950 from 1715? i just installed and battery life still says 1715....

i now see this screenshot is the older version of Battery Life pre IOS 10 with the cycles and other features removed.

Anyone actually seeing 1950mah and in what app?

Try 3Utools on windows computer or Coconut battery on Mac.

On my 6s with an iphone7 battery: i see 1950mAh on ios9.3.1 using coconutbattery for ios (removed from appstore) and battery health (also removed)

Jon will be eternally grateful.