Put a iPhone 7 battery in iPhone 6S?

So seeing that the iPhone 7 has a new battery with a bit more power, it made me wonder if you could theoretically mod the 7 battery to work in a 6S?

I mean they both use 4 pin connectors? I would assume iOS could detect a 7 battery and use it correctly(charging , etc) but I don't know for sure.

As for the battery connector, maybe soldering is possible?

iOS 10 made the iPhone 6s battery crap! As well as iOS 11, I would’ve put my iOS 9 iPhone 6plus battery in my 7 Plus or even 8 plus since it’s bigger and lasts longer! Physically bigger and optimized by the 8 plus , oooooh! Would’ve been amazing! Hopefully it’s software because iPhone 7 Plus battery is worse than the 6 plus! Both software and physically MAH wise

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

According to iFixit:

This battery will only work in an iPhone 7. It will not work in an iPhone 7 Plus. Be sure you have identified your iPhone correctly. You can ID Your iPhone here in one quick step.

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery Image

You did not understand: the question is do IP7 and IP6s have identical batteries in SIZE? Has anybody compare the size? these 2 phones are identical in size, logically, so are the batteries. Swapping the connector is easy.

Hi I can confirm that yo can use iphone 7 battery for 6s. I just put it on and works as it has same connector. Only difference is cable is longer than 6s but you can fold it for shape.

Can you try and see if the iPhone 6 Plus battery will work in the 7 or 8 plus??? It’s technically a bigger MAH and when I had the 6 plus it lasted so long almost 7 hours onscreen usage.. I’m sure you guys did too, then iOS 10 and 11 ruined our batteries and we only get 3-5 hours

Hi no it won’t as Apple fitted different connectors each battery of type. Only 7 battery fit to 6s as I did already and battery life it’s double now. May be 7 plus one can fit 6s plus but one one will do this job for you as they worries of damaged your phone. Hope it’s help

No this will not work as the battery connection into the circuit/logic board is different between these two models, so it physically will not fit.

It would have been nice though.

ok, but who klnow the exact size ip6s vs ip7 batteries.? if it's the same, then teoreticaly we can detach and swap the battery controllers. The battery cell only has 2 terminals - and + . I 've done it for nokias. Somebody compare the sizes?

Hi the 7 battery is thicker then 6s one so if you put 7 battery to 6s unable to fit screen back on

Sorry to repeat myself, but has anyone tried iPhone 6 Plus battery in iPhone 7 Plus?? Or 8 plus?? It’s bigger than all of them, hopefully it’s just software issues because previously I used to get 7 hours of onscreen usage no joke

Hi I’m sure 6 plus battery won’t fit to 7 plus in any way. Fitted different plug.

Jon will be eternally grateful.