Put a iPhone 7 battery in iPhone 6S?

So seeing that the iPhone 7 has a new battery with a bit more power, it made me wonder if you could theoretically mod the 7 battery to work in a 6S?

I mean they both use 4 pin connectors? I would assume iOS could detect a 7 battery and use it correctly(charging , etc) but I don't know for sure.

As for the battery connector, maybe soldering is possible?

According to iFixit:

This battery will only work in an iPhone 7. It will not work in an iPhone 7 Plus. Be sure you have identified your iPhone correctly. You can ID Your iPhone here in one quick step.

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery

iPhone 7 Replacement Battery Image

No this will not work as the battery connection into the circuit/logic board is different between these two models, so it physically will not fit.

It would have been nice though.

Jon will be eternally grateful.