Accidentally spilled tea on my MacBook. Help!
My mom accidentally spilled hot tea (with sugar and milk) on her macbook's keyboard. The tea spilled inside as when I lifted it up and turned it over, tea spilled out from everywhere. I dried the macbook the best I could (been three+ days) and did not turn it on.
My question is what do I do to determine which part has been damaged? Like if the keyboard is fried or the logic board?
What to do? How do I do that?
EDIT1: I opened up the back cover to see tea stains all over. Cleaned it up the best I could. There wasn't any corrosion that I'd seen except for two screws near the battery terminal. Will post a photo of it.
I tried to test for which component was faulty but I didn't find anything conclusive. The keyboard is sticky but it still seems to work.
The only problem I found is that the battery won't charge. If I plug it into AC it works but not without. If I take the charger out of the port, it'll die instantly. What could this be? A defect in the magsafe? Can it be fixed or will I need to get it replaced?
Before clean up:
After clean up:
Corrosion near the battery:
I've found all the (litmus?) dots turned red except for one near where the keyboard is attached. But while cleaning some of them turned white again, I suppose that's just the alcohol.
Is this a good question?