Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

My volume doesn't work that well with remote.

My volume moves very slow with the remote but works good on the side of the TV

Use a digital camera (a mobile phone camera will do) to test that the volume buttons on the remote control are working properly.

Turn on the camera and the point the remote control at the camera. Looking at the remote through the camera's/phone's LCD screen, when you press the volume button(s) you should see a light flashing at the front end of the remote. Try other known working buttons on the remote to prove that you are doing it correctly. If the volume button 'light' appears intermittent (it will seem to flash as it is sending codes) in comparison to other buttons most probably either the button contact is dirty or wearing out. This is not uncommon as the Power button and the volume buttons are the two most 'popular' buttons on a remote control unit.

Here is a link to a video which shows how to open a remote control and to clean the button contacts. How to open your remote may vary as to what is shown in the video. The cleaning principles will be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVr8eLW0...

If you find that after cleaning that it is no better, then perhaps the contact material has been worn off the underside of the button. You could try smearing some conductive glue on the button's contact face and see if that resolves it. (allow it to dry before re assembling the unit). I have had mixed results using this method. On some buttons it is still working OK on others it just peeled off after a few weeks.

Here is a link to show what I mean.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Conductiv...

If it doesn't work your choice then is to see if you can get either a cheap replacement compatible Vizio remote or a universal remote that supports your model TV.

fishnman will be eternally grateful.