Model A1502 / 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel processor / Released October 2013

HDMI port stopped working

Hi

i have my HDMI stopped working when i connecting it to my LG smart TV ,, when i connect the TV recognize the signals from my MacBook but it say no single .. at the same time the MacBook doest see the TV any more ....

it is a software issue or hardware issue and how to check and fix ?

thanks

well after trying everything on the net i realised the the chord was plugged in upside down because it fits both way it simple to think its plugged in correctly turn the adapter chord around it worked fine

you can't plug an HMDI cable in upside down it only fits in one direction and there's an icon on the plug. Suggesting that the No Signal issue is cos the user forced the cable in upside down, and should put it in the one way it fits for it to work, is a non-fix that doesn't address the issue at all

Try plugging into another TV and using a different cable. If still not working, guide to replace the HDMI port can be found here MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2013 I/O Board Replacement

I tried

1) Try a different HDMI cable

2) Try a different HDMI port on the TV

3) Use Thunderbolt to connect to the TV

No luck

But still when I connect the MacBook Pro the laptop see the tv but the TV show No Signale.

It was working fine for so long with the same tv with no issue.

Also I have my Amazon FireTv connected via hdmi with no issue.

Sorry I didn't try ThnderBolt.

Try plugging it into a different TV (not port) using another cable. If it is still not working, change the I/O board as mentioned above. Also, check Thunderbolt to isolate the issue.

flip the adpter around it will work

1) Try a different HDMI cable

2) Try a different HDMI port on the TV

3) Use Thunderbolt to connect to the TV

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Mini...

flip the adpater plug around it will work its a simple mistake

Are you sure you are answering the right question? HDMI ports only allow the cable to be plugged in one direction. If you are able to flip the cable around and plug it in, there is something wrong there.

Indeed, I've got the same NO SIGNAL issue, and both the MBP and the TV end of the HDMI cables can only be inserted one way. Flip what round? The answer doesn't make sense sorry. It was working perfectly then suddenly lost signal after unplugging and replugging the cable when I moved my montior.

zagil69 will be eternally grateful.