0

john
1

I turn camera on, it turns off! by itself?

camera shuts down while I'm taking pictures?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

If we could get additional details it might help a bit. What kind of batteries are you using? How long does it take before shutting down? I trust you have tried swapping the batteries out.

Bob,

0

Bob
169

I did some searching and found that with some of the Sony Cybershot's the type of battery also makes a difference. Most sites I read specifically made mention to the cause being a difference between the type of batteries (e.g. Alkaline vs Lead). The common fix was making sure you were using Alkaline batteries. However, this was from searching for just when it was turning off very shortly after turning the camera on so I'm not sure if that will be useful to you as well in the current state you are in.

0

Skippy722

Might need new batteries like Bob said, or the energy saver thing is shutting it down.

thanks! guys, for your help. I use fresh new duracell batteries, and when I turn on the camara it can stay on for about 1-3 minutes. while I'm in the middle of taking pictures, it just all of a sudden shut down. and the model I'm talking about is a cyber-shot #dsc-s700.

john,

does it shut down only when you zoom? or when you go to press the shutter?

pollytintop,

0

sunitarikhav
1

DSC-W150 has a fairly standard video mode. Fine mode, you can record video at 640 x 480 with sound when you hit the ten minute mark - a restriction that did not exist in previous Sony cameras. A memory card high speed is required to use the method of thin film quality. Two other resolutions are available. Standard mode also records a 640 x 480, but at a choppy 17 frames per second. There is also a 320 x 240 mode available, but the rate of 8 frames per second, make it look like one of those stop-motion films of Tim Burton. As is often the case, you can not use optical zoom while recording a video clip. The image stabilizer is available. http://www.thesonyworld.com/dsc-w150-fro...