The Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 features a 5.5 inch, 1080 x 1920 display powered by a 1.5 GHz processor.

Why won't my phone connect to the Wifi?

Recently I have been having trouble with the wifi connectivity of my alcatel one touch idol 3. I have Wifi at my home, but my phone only has one wifi bar and is very slow on it. However, my fiance has the same phone and it works perfectly fine with all wifi bars. My computer and other devices connect and work just fine with the wifi. At my work, my phone says that the wifi there is "Saved" but won't connect to it. I have reset routers, rebooted my phone, taken out my SIM card and put it back in, and have done everything I can. I'm about ready to give up. I just got this phone in October.

What worked? I am having the same issue And I have factory reset my phone and I am still having the same issue

Hi. I just received a notification about your post. Have you read the solution above?? Tried closing your Bluetooth? It has worked for me and another person. There seems to be interference between wifi and Bluetooth.

When you say 'rebooted' did you mean a factory restore?

If not, try a factory restore and if this doesn't resolve the WiFi problem, verify the purchase date of the phone and then consult the manufacturer's warranty statement in the documentation that came with the phone as to what to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement. There is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty on the phone.

Here is a link if you can't find it.

http://www.alcatelonetouch.us/warranty

Before performing a factory restore (or reset) using the phone's factory restore feature:

1. Backup the phone using the phone's back up feature. (A factory restore will erase all your user data and downloaded apps and will restore the phone to a factory default condition. It will be like when you first bought it).

2. Ensure that the battery is fully charged and remove the external SD Card (if installed).

3. Do not leave the charger connected when performing the factory restore.

Once it has completed the restore check the Wifi.

If it is still faulty you have a hardware problem, (see warranty claim above).

If the WiFi now works properly, restore the phone from the backup you made earlier, using the phone's restore feature.

Once it has restored, check the WiFi.

If it is still working correctly the reset has fixed the problem.

If it now faulty again then a downloaded app may be causing the problem. The trick is to find out which one. You will have to uninstall each downloaded app one by one and test the WiFi after each uninstall to see if it is working properly again. Once it does the last app that you uninstalled will be the culprit.

Most Helpful Answer

''hey guys. I have been having the same issue with mine. I tried reinitializing I (factory) and I also have changed it. BUT today I tried something different. I shut off the blutooth!! And my wifi connects like a freaking dream!!!! My blutooth is always on since I have a Fitbit watch and never thought of closing it. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

Thank you for the advice. I already went through the factory reset with my old device and even a hardware replacement. The new phone had the exact same issue. I turned off bluetooth and the wifi connected immediately. Now what do I do with my fitbit since the bluetooth will need to remain off?

I have the Fitbit app on my old cell so I have it connect on that one. Or another option is to keep blutooth off until you want to connect app with watch. It doesn't need to stay connected. It will update when blutooth is activated. :-) glad to hear that the solution works on your cellphone as well though. It really means that this is a problem with all cellphones and not just mine. Now I can try to contact Alcatel (or the company that makes them) and have them find a way to fix it.

Make sure your system is up to date, if there are any old drivers for your wireless adapter that are messing it up and good update would do the trick. If all your software is up to date (do check if the specific drivers for the wireless adapter are up to date even after an OS update to make completely sure) and the issue persists; it is possible its a hardware failure on the wireless adapter. I would replace that part if its not soldered on...I hate when manufacturers do that.

Factory restore solve my problem! Thanks on the post.

aaa will be eternally grateful.