The Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 features a 5.5 inch, 1080 x 1920 display powered by a 1.5 GHz processor.

Why won't my phone connect to the Wifi?

Recently I have been having trouble with the wifi connectivity of my alcatel one touch idol 3. I have Wifi at my home, but my phone only has one wifi bar and is very slow on it. However, my fiance has the same phone and it works perfectly fine with all wifi bars. My computer and other devices connect and work just fine with the wifi. At my work, my phone says that the wifi there is "Saved" but won't connect to it. I have reset routers, rebooted my phone, taken out my SIM card and put it back in, and have done everything I can. I'm about ready to give up. I just got this phone in October.

When you say 'rebooted' did you mean a factory restore?

If not, try a factory restore and if this doesn't resolve the WiFi problem, verify the purchase date of the phone and then consult the manufacturer's warranty statement in the documentation that came with the phone as to what to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement. There is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty on the phone.

Here is a link if you can't find it.

http://www.alcatelonetouch.us/warranty

Before performing a factory restore (or reset) using the phone's factory restore feature:

1. Backup the phone using the phone's back up feature. (A factory restore will erase all your user data and downloaded apps and will restore the phone to a factory default condition. It will be like when you first bought it).

2. Ensure that the battery is fully charged and remove the external SD Card (if installed).

3. Do not leave the charger connected when performing the factory restore.

Once it has completed the restore check the Wifi.

If it is still faulty you have a hardware problem, (see warranty claim above).

If the WiFi now works properly, restore the phone from the backup you made earlier, using the phone's restore feature.

Once it has restored, check the WiFi.

If it is still working correctly the reset has fixed the problem.

If it now faulty again then a downloaded app may be causing the problem. The trick is to find out which one. You will have to uninstall each downloaded app one by one and test the WiFi after each uninstall to see if it is working properly again. Once it does the last app that you uninstalled will be the culprit.

Hannah Powell will be eternally grateful.