Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Is error 53 still a problem

I have read forums and watched vidoes taking about error 53 what I was wondering is if you get a 3rd part home button from lets say Amazon or ebay will error 53 still be activated in the newest updated

Nah. The government made apple shut that down. You're good =) repair in comfort, bro

Nope, the media cry-out made Apple shut that down. They tweaked their firmware such that when during a restore it detects a non-original, or should I say not THE original home button attached (it can be an Apple original but not the one that came with the phone) it will not brick the phone and throw error 53.

I thought the government got involved

i changed 10 hoome buttons on i6 everyday and restore them

no error 53..

u need to make sure the cable running for home button under lcd plate is fine.. also the home button has to be of good quality.. aftermarket doesnt matter.

Edgar Vazquez-Sierra will be eternally grateful.