The fourth-generation Surface Pro tablet, released October 26th, 2015.

A light shadow on bottom of screen during system boot, is it normal?

Hello there,

I've bought this surface on 2015 December and latelly I've checked the screen during boot, while having a dark background a light shadow appears in bottom of the screen. Is it normal with this kind of screen? Is it any source of light?

I drop a image so you can look!

Thank you

I don't see the picture but I know exactly what you mean.

It means uneven pressure at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do about that.

You know when you apply too much pressure to a LCD screen display it causes temporary white marks?

E.g bent phone tablet frames are a common cause of this too.

While this is uncommon there are some new devices out there that exhibit this.

Or really it's just called backlight bleed in your case if the surface hasn't been repaired before.

It's a manufacturing imperfection which can appear in some devices.

Update: Here is some info about backlight bleed. It is a manufacturer defect on the screen which I would say is acceptable. Depends on the seller if they will do warranty replacement just because of backlight bleed.

http://www.tested.com/tech/584-how-to-sp...

I don't recall seeing this before, but the uneven pressure makes sense.. I hope it'll stick to that size and don't get bigger. For now it's not a problem :)

They usually stay that way unless the surface frame gets dented or bent.

Here's some more info again:

Yes, some types of backlight bleed can go away by itself. This is mostly pressure-related backlight bleed. If the front panel is uneven, panel tightened too hard into the bezel etc, then the pressure can cause backlight bleed. This can be an error from manufacturing level, or from transport and storage.

When you use the screen, then heat makes the material expand to some degree. When pressure is releaved, the backlight bleed caused by the pressure can disappear.

Source: https://hardforum.com/threads/does-backl...

Sorry for the long text but it's worth reading.

Thanks you again @benjamen50

Luís Jerónimo will be eternally grateful.