Repair guides and support for Ematic tablets.

Keyboard does not work.

The keyboard, not the touch screen one but the real one, stopped working. How do I fix this?

Hi, What is the model number of your tablet and what OS is installed?

Model Number = EWT828

Windows 10

My table directed me to enter a pin number on my Bluetooth keyboard that it provided.

I entered the pin number on the keyboard, but did not write it down.

Now I am prompted to enter that pin number when trying to pair the keyboard with the tablet, but I don’t have that pin number.

I need to reset the pin number.

How can I reset the pin number?

Would resetting the tablet to original factory settings allow me to start over?

I had the same issue. Finally found the fix. Open Device and Printers. Turn on your Bluetooth keyboard and click connect to make it discoverable. Next click Add Device on the tablet and the Keyboard should show up. Click it and it'll ask for a passcode. Beneath that box it says something along the lines of you may need a passcode. Click that and it'll generate a new code. Input that code on your Bluetooth Keyboard and hit Enter. Windows will register it and you're good to go.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @asm3davis,

Try disconnecting (or removing) the Bluetooth connection for the keyboard in Settings and then reconnecting it again.

Here is a link that shows how to do it in Win 10

Since the OP still has not responded and it's months after the post was originally made, I'll supply the following in the hopes for an answer to the question.

Model Number = EWT935DK

Sys = Windoze 10

Tablet appears to be in proper working order, verified via reset/restore to factory settings; the mag-keyboard still appears to not want to function (however power indicator lights up on the external keyboard).

Hi @kennyhendrick ,

Have you checked in Device Manager that the keyboard is 'installed' properly, i.e. no red crosses or yellow exclamation marks against entry?

(Quick access to Device Manager in Win 10 - right click on Windows start button lower left corner an options box appears left side find and click on Device Manager link)

Have you tried starting the tablet in 'safe mode' to see if the keyboard is OK when used in that mode? You may have a driver conflict of some kind.

black_manta will be eternally grateful.