Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Plus keeps rebooting after battery replacement

So I just received my iFixit kit today and replaced my battery, but the phone itself keeps rebooting after that...

What can I do to solve this issue?

Please help! Thanks!

It happens no matter if the phone is plugged to a charger or unplugged...

The funny thing is... when I switched it to airplane mode, it stops... I will continue testing it... Thank you for replying :^)

I think it's just a faulty battery.

I used to get this a lot from a certain supplier selling repackaged / aftermarket iPhone 4S batteries (in your case it's most likely just a faulty battery which would be rare when it comes to iFixit but it does happen).

Thats 99% is faulty battery. Market is flooded with a bad quality battery nowaday

Thank you guys for replying!

Do you guys think if I can return this to iFixit?

It is quite possibly a defective battery which is easily tested. If your old battery was still functional plug it in and make sure the device still powers on. If your old battery was not functional then you can plug your lightning cable into the phone with no battery installed to confirm the device will power up. If it does not you likely have some other issues and the battery may not be the culprit.

If you do have to return the battery contact the ifixit team at the links found on this page.

http://help.ifixit.com/category/133-cont...

Most Helpful Answer

Is it doing it while unplugged from a charger? Have you tried turning it on with it plugged in to a wall charger and see if the apple logo goes off immediately after unplugging the charging cable?

Could be a bad battery, try replugging the battery.

It is a faulty battery and you need to replace with new tested battery

kangveeta will be eternally grateful.