Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Plus keeps rebooting after battery replacement

So I just received my iFixit kit today and replaced my battery, but the phone itself keeps rebooting after that...

What can I do to solve this issue?

Please help! Thanks!

It happens no matter if the phone is plugged to a charger or unplugged...

The funny thing is... when I switched it to airplane mode, it stops... I will continue testing it... Thank you for replying :^)

I think it's just a faulty battery.

I used to get this a lot from a certain supplier selling repackaged / aftermarket iPhone 4S batteries (in your case it's most likely just a faulty battery which would be rare when it comes to iFixit but it does happen).

Thats 99% is faulty battery. Market is flooded with a bad quality battery nowaday

Thank you guys for replying!

Do you guys think if I can return this to iFixit?

I replaced the battery on my iphone 6plus. It worked for a few days then stopped. Eventually it just started blinking on the apple screen.. After tearing it down and rebuilding several times i threw in my old apple battery and it works fine, just doesnt keep a good charge, which is why i tried to replace it in the first place.

Is there a warranty for these ufixit batteries? I think i have a dud.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

It is quite possibly a defective battery which is easily tested. If your old battery was still functional plug it in and make sure the device still powers on. If your old battery was not functional then you can plug your lightning cable into the phone with no battery installed to confirm the device will power up. If it does not you likely have some other issues and the battery may not be the culprit.

If you do have to return the battery contact the ifixit team at the links found on this page.

http://help.ifixit.com/category/133-cont...

Most Helpful Answer

Is it doing it while unplugged from a charger? Have you tried turning it on with it plugged in to a wall charger and see if the apple logo goes off immediately after unplugging the charging cable?

Could be a bad battery, try replugging the battery.

It is a faulty battery and you need to replace with new tested battery

Finally, finally! I've got the real answer! After "fighting" with my iPhone 5s for the better part of 6 months, I've got the answer to why my iPhone always reboots overnight while charging, and happens several times during the day, if it's plugged in. I have tried software fixes, resetting everything. I've had a new battery installed. All this, to no avail.

You ready for this? it was some foreign particulate matter in the charging (lighting) port, and not lint. I had taken it to the Apple Genius and they said they cleaned out the port although they said it wasn't all that dirty. It still would do these random reboots. I then took it to a small Mom and Pop computer store that specializes in Macs and iPhones....in a second, he said, there's something like graphite in the port; he felt the irregularity with some sharp tweezers; he said, it wasn't "flush". I thought he'd damage the port, but he assured me these ports are heartier than one thinks. He removed (scraped out) the little piece caught in the back of the port, and lo! and behold! No more reboots. So, yah have to find someone who really knows the iPhone innards. Ahhhh, life is good again. :-)

@vlitz you are referring to charging port, right?? if yes! how they cleaned it up, i mean have they used some liquid or just the tweezer?

Read this post while searching for an answer. Though late... it may help someone. One of the reason for this would be a zero charge in the battery itself. Try leaving the charging on for a good 10-15 minutes and it may stop rebooting and start charging itself. Hope this helps. It sure did work for me. Cheers

Hi guys,

Today I had an iPhone 6 with the similar issues, as battery replaced then after around 5-6 days the phone started to rebooting itself. Fact, the customer kept dropping as several damages were on all corners. Tried the usual stuff, new battery, minimum config, etc.

After disconnect and reconnect the battery sometimes its booting up but the problem starts again soon. During a restore, gets iTunes 9 error but without the screen I was able to restore it successfully. The rebooting issue still happened. My previous experiences shows (or i just got a feeling) the NAND chip has some “broken legs”

To replace the NAND on this old, worthy device just no way, not worth for me :)

So I applied 150 Celsius on the NAND for about 3-5 minutes than increased the temperature very slowly to 210 Celsius for 15-20 sec, than slowly increase to 300 degree and kept like that for 15-20 seconds and let it cool back.

The phone works fine now, for 20 hours without a reboot. I know its temporary repair but I will see how long it will live :D

and update this post as soon the problem come back…

update: came back after 4 days… (did not tried higher degree)

kangveeta will be eternally grateful.