Toshiba Satellite C75D Notebook. Part of Toshiba's "budget conscious" C-series of laptops, released in 2013.

Can the CPU be upgraded in in my Toshiba Satellite C75D?

I would love to upgrade the processor of my C75D?

There may be a something you could do to make your PC faster besides a CPU upgrade. What exactly do you need from your laptop?

The processor can not be changed out. If you're looking for more speed, I would suggest installing more RAM and a solid state drive. As far as technical limitations are concerned, the motherboard can handle up to 16GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 SODIMM, running at 1.35v. The brand doesn't really matter, as they all do the same thing.

Any 2.5" solid state drive will fit, and the prices have come down considerably. There are a lot of 480GB drives available around $130 +/- on Amazon. You'd notice a huge difference with just the solid state drive.

DDR3 running at 1.35v is DDR3L. The L stands for low voltage. Standard DDR3 is 1.5v.

However, it isn't always listed as DDR3L. Crucial and Kingston both have RAM offered at 1.35v without the "L" indicator. As I'm sure many other companies do, as well.

I am aware of that. Normally when they do that, the ram is cross-compatible.

Most Helpful Answer

Bobby Hayes , From what I have read on the forums, your processor is soldered to the board and is considered not up gradable. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

DARN! Thanks for the info!

Bobby Hayes will be eternally grateful.