Does the Nespresso Inissia have a fuse?

A 110v Nespresso Inissia was connected to a defective 220v to 110v transformer, which was followed by a quick pop sound power and the Inissia will not power up after that occurred. Does the Inissia have a replaceable fuse that protects its electronics under such circumstances, and if so, how do I access and replace the fuse?

Were you able to fix it? Which part needed replacing?

From what I can tell looking at the breakdown from Ifixit (link below), I cannot see a fuse; but, the owner's manual I found said to check the fuse without offering a location for the fuse. I would call the Nespresso Club (info at nespresso.com), and ask them if there is a fuse in the machine itself. They may actually be talking about the fuse in the fuse box of your home, but they don't specify. There are a few capacitors, which can also make a popping noise when they blow. From the breakdown, it looks like they made the circuit board pretty hard to access, but nothing is ever impossible.

Nespresso CitiZ Teardown

Were you able to fix it?

Same problem here. I just dismantle one Inissia and pull the circuit board out. No fuse in this machine apart from a big capacitor that blown open with the surge of 220 high voltage. The circuit board need to be replaced as I do not how many components on the board are affected.

Would appreciate id someone can advise me (ed.leung@shaw.ca) where I can purchase the replacement circuit board (RU 94V-0 31517 PLC=3).

Thanks.

Edmund

Edmund, were you able to find a motherboard replacement for your nespresso? I have the same issue as you, so I am weighting whether I should by a new machine or fix the one I have. Thank you

I was unable to get any answers from Nespresso. I went as far as writing to the office/designer who design that circuit but unfortunately did not get a reply. Eventually, I gave the machine back to my friend as a "cannot be fixed" item.

Apparently, Nespresso machines are on sales now so it make no sense to repair something that may cost more (parts and labor) than a brand new machine.

I have a similar issue with this machine. I try to turn it on and the button is on for ~200ms, after that it goes off again. When keeping the button pushed, it blinks ~30 times a second. I assume there is a fuse somewhere which does not let power through. But why does the machine get power, even if the fuse is broken? (pushing let the button blink, so the machine gets power?)

Am I missing something?

Note: I have ordered the machine from Germany, but I live in the UK. I checked the Voltage and Hertz requirements and they seem to be the same here in the UK.

uscfb5 will be eternally grateful.