IPAD Mini LCD suddenly went black
Digitizer was replaced about 8 months ago and the device has been working fine for a good 9 months. Suddenly the LCD went completely black(no backlight) while it was being used.
Its still alive...
- Device is still operational as I was able to connect to itunes and pull all photos and data by using a template to get me past the lock screen.
- When connected to power, the ipad still produces the bell sound.
- Pressing and holding the home button does not activate SIRI as expected??
Things that I have tried...
- Replaced the LCD, and Battery. Was very careful about having the battery removed prior to disconnecting the digitizer and LCD. Nothing changed the ipad behaved the same as listed above.
- Tried power/home button reset. No change
- Probed the backlight fuse and the diode and as far as I can tell they tested OK. Please see photo of the backlight fuse which looks very suspect.
- Checked for connectivity between fuse pad and diode checked OK.
It appears that the LCD is not getting any power? Assuming a failed backlight fuse, I would expect to at least see the faint apple logo which I dont see after shining an LED flashlight on the LCD.
Appreciate any advise and guidance on this issue. What else should I be looking at?
Thanks in advance.
Is this a good question?