Repair guides and disassembly information for laptops manufactured by Asus.

Need help! My Asus laptop won't show available wifi networks?

Hey! My Asus laptop X553M is running on windows 10! I powered it up today and it won't show any available wifi networks, just a symbol for an Ethernet cable with a red "x" on the bottom of the screen. I've tried everything from resetting my network connections but nothing is working and I need the wifi up and running as soon as possible! Unsure if I should buy a wireless adapter to fix this problem (even though connecting to wifi has worked for over a year on this laptop). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Make sure you don't have an Ethernet cable plugged in.

I am having the same problem with my ASUS X540UB laptop. I have installed fresh Windows 10 Pro and the WiFi adapter is dead.

HI @ Zlatko Mozetic,

What is the status of the WiFi adapter in Device Manager?

Here's a link to the latest Asus Win 10 drivers. Scroll to find the WiFi drivers appropriate to your adapter and try installing them to check it it makes a difference.

Hi @jayeff

This is the status.

https://postimg.cc/image/6l670k70t/

I´ve went on Asus website

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-Laptop...

And searched the drivers for my laptop. Found them via PC, downloaded them on external disk, transferred them on laptop and tried to install them but most of them cannot complete the installation because lack of the internet connection. Lol. :) I will try some from your link. Btw thx. for that link and for the reply. ;)

Hi @ Zlatko Mozetic,

It's strange that your Ethernet adapter isn't showing either.

You may have to do a reset on your laptop to reinstall Win 10 Pro as it may have messed it up.

You'll lose all your installed apps but not your data.

what i would suggest, is to disable and re-enable the wireless adapter in the device manager.

Rightclick "This PC" and select manage.

under the device option, find your adapter

right click on the adapter, and hit disable,

then right click on the adapter and select enable.

i had to do this on my mother's PC a couple nights ago

super bizarre.... but it worked. simply right clicked the wireless network. disabled it. waited 30 sec then right click again and enabled. wifi fired up no problem

happy to have helped

When i right click ‘This PC’ and click ‘manage’ nothing pops up

@manifoldrumble4 , which account are you in? you need to be in the administator account. Quest accounts wont allow access to the device manager.

Yes. do this DO THIS.

I had been trying to fix my wifi issue on my very old acer laptop. Uninstalled reinstalled wifi drivers multiple times..... tried different versions... without any luck.

Then, I just installed the latest driver from official Acer website, chose the correct model, downloaded and installed the driver.

It still wasn't still picking up a wifi singal. Tried restarting the computer, still no luck.

Then, I just disabled and enabled the driver from device manager, and presto! it worked. Thank you for this solution!!

it Happen Last Night to One Of my Laptop after a Long 2 hour Research this is What Got and i think this Should Help Anyone having the issue-

(My Problem Was Related to Wireless Adapter But My hardwork Should Not Go into Waste That why i Would like it to Be Shared with everyone -

Source - https://fixingblog.com/asus-laptop-wirel...

Tips - Disable the Airplane Mode if it is active by mistake. make sure No Ethernet Cable is connected to Your Laptop )

1. First Restart Your Computer and Your main Wireless router & Modem.
  2. Now check For Any Windows Update and if you have a antivirus software Please check for Update in that Too.
  3. Press Windows+ R on your keyboard at the same Time and It should Come with Run Box , There Type ncpa.cpl there and Press Enter. you should be able to See your Wireless Adapter Please Reset That. see if this Works
  4. if You Running Windows 10 Please Run a Windows Diagnostics tool to check if everything is Fine
  5. if you are not Able to see the Wireless Adapter than Please Restore Your computer to Earlier date when it was Working

if Nothing Works Out i Recommend You Should Contact Asus Support

Look if any of these Tips Helps You Out.

Do Let me Know if you Find any other Solution On This

Thank you so much! This worked!

mikaylacallery , Make sure you are not in airplane mode, which disables WiFi. You could also try system restore to an earlier date when WiFi was working correctly to see if that helps. Another thing to try, go into settings,device manager, click network adapters, then click on the adapter that is your wireless WiFi. uninstall driver. Then right click on network adapters and click search for network adapters, it should automatically install it back. Try WiFi settings and connect. This is only one of the solutions from link below that you can try to fix your issue. 1st 2nd link troubleshooting WiFi, 3rd link is your manual. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/44841-...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2...

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X453...

Hi

To add to @lpfaff1 good answer, here is a link to the latest Asus Win 10 drivers for laptops.

Scroll down to WiFi and select the one appropriate to your particular adapter. Take notice of the "Notes:" near the top of the page regarding how to install the drivers and also the notes regarding the WLAN drivers.

Do not be tempted to install other hardware drivers at this stage. Fix one problem at a time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers...

All of this is gibberish, non of this explains what to do— scroll down to WiFi in what— what the !&&* is a driver? I’m not a tech nerd and I’m tired of being unable to use this tablet just because it’s too dumb to show any WiFi networks.

Thank you so much!!! ❤️

It worked for me, reinstalling the wireless device :))

L Pfaff, Thanks a ton. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

Like others suggested, I would try to reinstall your network drivers. If that doesn't work, I would just buy an external usb wifi card. They are a cheap and easy solution, which could offer better performance depending on the wifi chip that came preinstalled on your laptop.

My usb adapter did that one time as well. Unplugging it and plugging it back in seemed to resolve the issue. Now, while this is much more complicated to do for laptops, I would try to open it up and check the connection to your card. (I would only do this if have some prior experience with computers and networking.)

I've got a usb wifi card - I think! - when there are wifi connection problems I plug it out and then back in again - I keep having to do this though so considering the amount of people with this problem there must be a flaw with the inbuilt wifi card on asus laptops..

I know this reply is late as to when the thread was originally created but what I did to resolve my WiFi not seeing any signal issue in my ASUS X555DA-BB12-BK was as follows. Keep in mind this solution is not for anyone who doesn't understand computers and has never worked on them. I just felt it was worth posting just to help someone who could do this and exhausted all other means and solutions found on the web.

- I deleted the Wifi driver and replaced with the most current one found for my model at ASUS (Did not work)

- I went into the BIOS>Security tab>I/O Interface>Wireless Network and locked, rebooted, then unlocked it, rebooted (Did not work)

- Enabled and re-enabled the Wifi (Did not work)

- Ran Windows 10 troubleshoot (Did not work)

- Under the command prompt I ran as administrator "netsh winsock reset" (Did not work)

plus a few other options and none worked

What worked for me was to open the laptop up, disconnect the battery. Yes this laptops battery is not external so I had to open it to power the system down fully. While I had the keyboard off I disconnected the two internal WiFi wires (Black & White). After about a minute I connected the WiFi wires back and the put the battery back in.

After securing all the screws back into the bottom of the laptop I flip it over and powered it up.

Worked like a charm!

For those that have an external battery, try taking it out with no AC connection and let it sit for a few minutes. See if that resolves the issue. I just did the extra step of removing the WiFi wires while I have the case open.

Hi there,

You all are taking the long and complicated route. Click the Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar, the click "network & internet settings" then click troubleshoot and it should fix itself.

Hope this helps!

with respect, if that worked we would have all fixed it a long time ago!

Work with Asus AIO V222G. Unplug the power cord for 5 minutes. Thanks

Step 1: Right Click the Network & Internet Icon. (The one with RED X)

Step 2: Click Open Network & Internet Settings

(A new window should open)

Step 3: Try and look at the bottom page for "Network Reset" (Click It)

Step 4: Click Reset Now

(A dialog box will appear just click "Yes")

Step 5 : Just wait for 5 mins for your Laptop to restart

Just did it with my laptop

Asus Q550L

June 25 2018

Thank you SO much for this!! It's the only thing that worked!!

My daughter had the same problem. I tried all those suggested remedies posted on google, Microsoft and Asus. NO LUCK. Then I think and focus on the operating system that is Windows 10 and I found out that after the latest update she looses the WiFi. So I looking for the latest update on her computer (On your screen bottom left hand corner next to window symbol - Type here to search- Type there Windows update - select Windows update settings - select Update History - select the latest update then select UNINSTALL.{for my case Security update for Microsoft Windows(KB4074588)}. After you select UNINSTALL the screen will pose for 8 to 10 minutes as nothing happen. Be patience. Then uninstalling screen (small rectangular screen) will appear and gathering information to uninstall the latest update. It will take 45 minutes to an hour. you have to sit beside your computer and do other things while keep an eye on it if it is going to sleep mode just drag the cursor etc. After uninstall the latest update you have to restart your computer. It will take another 25 minutes because it has to rearrange all the software things. Once you log on Type WiFi at Type here to search window at the bottom left corner screen and select Change WiFi settings and you can see your WiFi there type your WiFi password and you are connected. You can't stop updating Windows 10. The uninstall update will automatically update again but this time we hope both the update and WiFi will work without any flaw. Thanks. T. Jeyaseelan.

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

The same here, tried everything just mentioned... Doesn't show me my wifi adapter, reset didn't work, so did the reboot, and troubleshoot, it keeps on complaining for a loose or disconnected ethernet cable. !&&*, why will I want it wired when its about wifi, and this Asus system with windows 10 does not show it... This was after two weeks coming from Asus service center who reinstalled windows 10 following a format, following change of mother effing board....

I feel your pain! My laptop only back from Asus a month or so and I assume they re-set it etc etc and still the same problem

The problem might be because of the windows event log service being disabled…which is also the reason why u cant update your windows..if i am correct

To enable this:

1)open run(windows key+ R)

2)type in services.msc and open it

3)find windows event log and right click to go to properties

4) select automatic from the dropbox..hit apply

5) click start and your good to go!

Thanx man that worked.

But no wifi icon on taskbar

Hi. Plug your laptop in whit an ethernet cable, than go on devices, find your wifi adapter, and check for driver updates. Had the same problem myself (other type of laptop) turned out it was an realy old driver

Make sure, you have turn on the wifi on asus laptop. mostly, people turn off the computer by mistake by mistake. that’s why they face such kind of problem. for more information, you can visit: asus laptop wifi not working.

1. Disable the network adapter.
  2. uninstall the printer driver and then install it again.

Hi @janic3 ,

What has a printer driver got to do with the WiFi not working?

Did you mean to say the WiFI adapter driver?

-Right Click the red "X"

-Click on ChangeNetwork Adapter

- Right Click Ethernet & Wireless Network Adapter and click enable.

That’s not an option, only “troubleshoot problems” which doesn’t &&^&^$^ work without internet (go figure), and “open network and sharing center”

Just in case anyone has the same issue as I do here is what I did to fix this problem. 

Device manager>network adapters>open properties on wifi adapter>open advanced tab>Set country region (2.4GHz) to #1(1-13)

Either modem did an update and changed band with or windows 10 auto update reset the original setting. I

Move your cursor over the Wifi icon shown with either an “X” or an “!” on the pop-up menu from your task bar. Right click. Choose “Troubleshoot problems.” Allow your PC to do its thing. You should be back onto your network after all the listed issues have been given a “Resolved" status. Good luck

Try

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Dr...

we’ll se if helps

your solution is here my problem solved by this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seywp0Y2...

Go to start button

Select windows r to go in Run Mode

type serviced.msc

Hit Ok

Go to WLAN AutoConfig option

Check status if its stop then start it else restart it..

Now restart your Laptop and Enjoy surfing..

the only thing that worked for me was to get a USB wifi adapter - plug it in and when the message that “no networks found” appears then I take out the USB wifi adapter and plug it in again to the side of my laptop- hey presto - I’m back connected

this solution was given to me by an IT technician - apparently it bypasses the WIFI card in the laptop

Help me pls may laptop its not open airlane mode only

you need to remove the wireless driver and reinstall the UPDATED driver from “DEVICE MANAGER”. go to asus site and get win10 32/64 bits that your lappy is either operating 32/64 bits

mine is ASUS ROG GL703GE

better to check Wireless Adapter Driver on Device Manager.

If it has a “!” sign.

as to my laptop it has that.

i just simply download update on Intel website on Updated Wireless Adapter Driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...

After i downloaded i directly install it

you can search product updates here

for intel Drivers click here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

and “WALLA”!

FIXED.

Need help pls……my windows 10 asus laptop wifi/network aint working properly….im using mobile hotspot yet it detects that its a “hidden network” or some random wifi popsout of nowhere……i tried to connect to the hidden network yet it will always ask for security key even though im using a mobile hotspot……i tried to reinstall the adapters and such…but still always omr shows hidden network or some random wifi that doesnt even exist like “jcjarell”….need help pls…cant do some research since j cant connect to the internet

mikaylacallery will be eternally grateful.