What type of fluid for trans

i have a 2002 sabre 2148hv ,made by john deere need to know what type of fluid to use in trans,reg,oil or trans fluid.the small bottle to fill says fill with trans oil,not sure what to use

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


sorry it is a automatic trans


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution


Here is a link to the John Deere specifications for your model and it specifies Transmission Oil. (scroll to the bottom of the page)


If you search online for transmission oil 10W30 you will get results for products specifically labelled either Gear Oil or Transmission Oil.

Here is just one example. Click on Specs and then scroll down to find John Deere specs


Stick with what the manufacturer recommends. After all they designed your tractor.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Add your answer

dd_gdwn will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 4

Past 30 Days: 19

All Time: 369