Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

There's no repair notes

I needed to replace my volume button. You have the part available for sale and list it as a "Difficult" repair but you have no step by step instructions on how to do the repair?

follow the guide for the rear case

iPhone 3GS Rear Panel Replacement

Comes close, and this is the Guide I used to get as far as I did, but it doesn't describe how to get the new button between the rear panel and the still attached front bezel? Unless I forcefully bent the bezel I could figure it out. If your selling a part I would think you'd tell me how to install it? A bit disappointed with this fix.

actually the people who do the answering/make guides are just people like you-we're not employed by ifixit. These guides were written for free, and are free to view.

if you have an issue with the ifixit part/tuturial then click on the feedback button at the bottom to make a suggestion that this needs more information..

My apologies the tutorial isn't enough.

You need to use a plastic spudger, put it between bezel and case on outside of phone and work round so the bezel lifts up from rear case. It is only held by a flexible bonding agent.It has a tongue and groove type tab every so often round the case so this is why you need to go slow or they will snap off and you'll need a new case. (the other screws for volume flex/vibrate etc should be removed if you've followed the guide)

I didn't glue my first repair together-it's my phone and I don't really notice the gap.... but it looks nicer and keeps out the dust.

no idea what you'd like to use to glue it back together-something that doesn't dissolve plastic-I live in the uk so not much point to my recommendation. have a look for a tag "bezel" some people have put their ideas for glue on there...

michaelecarpent will be eternally grateful.