Smaller, thinner, quieter model of the Playstation 2 (SCPH-7XXXX) released by Sony in September, 2004.

Replacing the optical drive of the PS2?

Hi, I have a PS2 that I bought second hand from a friend. Strangely, it works very well with my PSOne CDs, but when I put a PS2 DVD, it starts up, runs across the game opening and crashes. I've been told that is must be the optical drive - my friend must have used it as a DVD drive too - and would have to change. How do I do that?

Try cleaning your current one by getting either a cleaning disc that u put into the playstation or opening it up, most of the time the optical gets dirty or if you have an older playstation 2 then there is a gear the channels what media your system can play, if you search Google there are reviews on how to fix this problem. For parts you might check here or here and if everything else fails go here :) good luck.

Rodrigo will be eternally grateful.