Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

Light bar blinks Orange when plugged in but does not turn white or blu

Controller seems dead unless I plug it into USB. When I plug it in using the USB it does the slow orange light blink but after when I press the PS button it's dead again. Usually it would light up afterword but I'm at a loss from here. I've tried the reset but still same problem. I took the controller apart to see if anything was broken and nothing that I could see is wrong. What's the diagnosis and what parts do I buy from you to fix it? Thanks

Hold the PS-button and Share-button simultanously for some seconds while the PS4 is turned on. This will reset all connections of the controller and searches for a new one. If this doesn't help, try different USB-cables after resetting. If that also doesnt work, your controller is probably damaged.

Ok I've done both. Still no good. What do you mean by damaged? Damaged like un-fixable? Or could I replace parts?

Try this

Locate the small reset button on the back of the DS4 near the L2 button.

Use a small, pointy object such as an unfolded paper-clip (or something similar) to push the button.

Tried that. Nada. Is it a part that's malfunctioning? Could I salvage this controller?

Im tryin over here. Not sure if you can just replace the logic board and pair...

Try this

Alternatively, you can power off the PlayStation 4, then press the controller reset button. After that, plug in the USB cable (the controller to the console), then turn the PS4 on. When the blue light starts flashing on the console, press the PS button on the controller. It should pair with the console and go back to working like usual.

Matt will be eternally grateful.