An entry level smartphone released in April 2014. Available in black and white.

PC don't recognize phone when using USB

My phone can charge only while connected to my PC, but the PC won't recognize the phone. I want to transfer files from my phone to my PC.

Does anyone know how to change the settings in this phone, so that it can charge as well as transfer files to PC's?

If so please give a step by step account. I am not tech savvy.

Thanks.

Hey Lekisha Burrows,

Unfortunately there is no magic software that can help you connect with the phone. I would try Brook Smith's suggestion and see if that helps. If it does not, you may need to try and download software that helps your phone talk to your computer (this software is called a driver). I found some websites that link to Blu Studio 6.0 drivers, but will hold off on linking them to you in order to find how reliable these downloads are.

You are not alone with this problem. Others have suggested checking the USB port too. You can see that suggestion here: USB Device Not Recognized.

Keep us up to date!

When you connect your phone to your computer you should see an icon to show it's connected. If you pull down the top notification bar you should see the connected message and if you touch it you can change the transfer mode. This will either be an option to use as mass or to transfer files or photos.

Lekisha Burrows will be eternally grateful.