The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

MacBook Pro (Early 2015) Retina 13" Display Black Screen with Chime

Hi there -

The display on my Macbook Pro (Early 2015) Retina 13" is black when I turn it on - I hear the chime, the keyboard backlight still works, sound works. But I noticed that the backlight on the Apple logo does not turn on.

I've tried everything that was recommended by others - such as trying the PRAM reset and resetting the System Management Controller. But no luck here. I was able to log on briefly with the screen display working correctly - weirdly, it asked me to select a language and prompted me to answer why I was having trouble logging in. I didn't really pay attention to all of this as I was just eager to log on.....

I took it to the genius bar yesterday, but they said it could be a display issue that would need to be sent in for repair. I have a little hope in me that this can be fixed without having to spend $500 - a little upsetting that I've had this for less than 2 years.

Any guidance, tips, fixes are welcome. Thank you so much in advance!

Having the exact same problem sometimes the screen would work and then flash random colours or be perfectly fine or then just go dead

If you shine a flashlight through the apple logo into the Lcd while the screen is on, do you see anything on the LCD at all? If so, then there is an issue with the LED backlight for the computer, which is a common point of failure particularly if the laptop was liquid damaged.

I do see the screen if I shine through the apple logo. Ah, that's helpful. Thanks.

Just got mine repaired under warranty, the motherboard had gone

can any1 show me the backlight fuse location in logic board

What's the history of the machine? Sounds like it has has an accident or someone has reinstalled a new system. Hook it up to an external monitor and see if you get anything on that.

No accidents/drops - rarely traveled with me. I did update to OS X Sierra a few days before this started happening. I'll try to hook it up on the external monitor later today.

What would be the difference in the issues at hand if I'm able to connect to an external monitor and see my screen VS not able to hook it up to an external monitor? Thanks.

Let's address solutions as needed, I'm a working man and it's Monday. Trying to get out six machines today.

Of course.

Hi there again - I just tried it on an external monitor and I was able to hook it up. What does that mean? Please let me know if you have any next steps for me. Thanks.

Friends, did you actually solved it in a way that now you are able to use your Macbook without connecting to any other external devices through HDMI ?

I have the exactly same problem and I can't find any solution for it.

I'm actually willing to pay for online assistance if we can solve it any other way than replacing the logic board. I live in Brazil and they are charging unthinkable amounts of money for a new logic board here. It's crazy!

Please let me know if there's any other solution

I solved it! I just disconnected the 40 pins video cable then plug it back again and voila! Screen back online.

rspark16 will be eternally grateful.