Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL One Touch.

How come my txt messaging won't send text messages?

How come my text messaging won't work? I did a hard reset on my phone and now my text messaging won't work it has always worked before never have had a problem with it. It's also not letting me text out on hangouts or messenger which I also tried in place of my text messaging. I can send pictures out but not text messages. And yes I can receive text messages I just can't send them out

Has it worked OK before? Can you receive SMS messages OK?

Yes I can receive text messages I just can't send them out.

You need to ensure that the SMS Service Centre setting is set for the service provider that you are using. Each service provider has a different setting (usually a phone numbber or a code). Go to your service provider's website and search for 'SMS Service Centre setting'.

Here is a link that shows how to get to the setting. Even though it is for a Pixi it should still be relevant to your phone. If your carrier is not listed, just click on I can't find my operator to carry on with the page. Hopefully it will still help you.

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public...

To get MMS (texts with pictures or videos) to work (as it is different to SMS) ensure that Data Connected is on. Again not sure but it should be somewhere in Home > Settings > Wireless & Networks > more > Mobile Networks > Data Connection.

yippitydoodaw.sd will be eternally grateful.