Screen Replacements: eTrade Supply vs Apple Original

Update: Thanks for the advice all! In the end I decided to try out the OEM screens from eTrade Supply and am very happy with the quality. It looks and performs like brand new and am very pleased. It was well packaged and was in pristine condition when it arrived. Warning to fellow Canadians, I was hit with duties since it shipped from the states, it was around $20 CAD.

I've cracked my screen, and will either purchase an iPhone 6 for parts and use an original Apple screen or purchase from eTrade Supply, which seems to have the highest quality OEM screens.

To all who have purchased and installed iPhone screens from etrade supply:

I tried googling but couldn't find the answer to this question: What is the eTrade Supply OEM screen quality compared to the original screen from Apple? (Touch, display, colors, etc.)

Edit: I have considered the ifixit screen replacement. From comments on this forum, the consensus seems to be that the screens from eTrade Supply (another parts provider) are higher quality than iFixit. This question is mostly for people who have experience with etrade supply parts.

if you want to know about eTrade, go ask THEM.

Is this what you are looking for?

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly Image

I did ask them, and unfortunately didn't get much information. So I'm coming to the place where I know people have purchased and installed eTrade Supply screens for their experience.

I have considered the iFixit replacement, but I'm reading that the screens provided by eTrade Supply are of even higher quality.

Yes, if I were to buy from ifixit, that would be the part I'm looking for.

I just edited my original post to make it more clear.

@futuremcfly , Replacement screen assy., Lifetime Warranty - This iFixit product is guaranteed to function as long as you have it. Pretty hard to beat the warranty.

Thanks @lpfaff1 lifetime warranty is a good point.

@futuremcfly , Welcome, good luck with your device.

I have 1 screen that I bought cheap. Worst thing ever. I only buy here. Don't care about price, I want the quality. Every screen is great and I have not had one go wonky.

So I am not sure why peeps looking for displays just don't visit iFixit store and look at their stuff first.

Mike

Hi Mike, I have considered the iFixit replacement, but I'm reading that the screens provided by eTrade Supply are of even higher quality. There are people here who have experience with Etrade Supply Screens, and hoping to get their opinion about the question in my original thread.

Cool. I just don't trust them yet. I have had 0 returns so i'm happy where I am but if they are a better quality then that is the best choice.

While we're on the topic. How is the ifixit screen compared with the original iPhone screen from Apple? Notice any differences in performance and picture quality?

I have had no issues and one customers, just yesterday was thrilled with ti. She even said how she liked how beautiful it looked. I have had no returns or complaints so I am going to say so far iFixit quality is very good. BTW, I went to etrades and saw the displays there. S, S+ and A seem to be the ones but prices a bit high compared to iFixit Pro prices. So I'm gonna stay with these guys as long as they are working and customers are happy.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Will definitely keep this in mind.

You cannot buy an "Apple Original" display. Apple does not sell parts and does not authorize its suppliers to sell parts. Anything you buy that says "Apple Original" is from a sham company and should be avoided.

You can however, find screens sold as OEM. These generally use the Apple LCD and glass similar to what Apple does. Its not true OEM but its close enough in most cases. But in reality, they are still high copy.

So the reality is that it doesn't matter where you buy from, the parts are all knock offs. Buy from a reputable seller that stands behind their products. That's really the only difference.

Yeah, but you can buy a parts iPhone, and get an apple oem display, like op said

SCAM! Be Careful!

They sent me a broken screen right from the box - a big crack and not respond electrically after an official Samsung Lab checked it. I sent them a video proof and letter from the lab and they simply tell me that they don't give refunds and because the shipping is so long, it's impossible to open PayPal dispute anymore. What a classic scam! Shame on you!!!

futuremcfly will be eternally grateful.