A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Spilled some water in the side fan hole of the PS4

Three days ago my mom spilled 1/3 of a water glass in my ps4. I'm lucky that most of the water fell far from it, but some of it fell right in the fan holes of the left side of the console, exactly in the "curvy" region that the fan is in.

I saw some teardown videos and apparently there is no fregile electrical component in that region, but I can be wrong.

The ps4 was completely off when this happened (no rest mode), and I disconected it from the plug right away, took out the water excess with a towel, wrapped it in a thin shirt and put it to dry in a rice barrel. It's been three days that I left it like this. Today, I plan to open it and let it dry for one more day before turning it on.

I was recommended to use a spray for electronics to clean the motherboard, but would it be necessary? Does this prevents oxidation? Even if it dries completely, am I at risk of my PS4 to oxidate in the future because of the water? Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you all!

Image below to show exactly where the water fell:

I would use isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to clean the area of the board that got wet. You'll need to take it apart to get all of the rice out anyway so you can just clean the motherboard when you are doing that.

Once that's done then I would let it dry...try to find a sunny window or you could use a hair dryer or something similar to get it completely dry. Then just wait a couple of hours to make sure that it's 100% dry before you reinstall it. If you do this then there is a good chance that it won't oxidize in the future. That being said since the motherboard wasn't cleaned right after it happened it is possible that it will corrode in the future.

That's what I would do in your situation. Good luck!

The rice didn't entered the console because I wrapped it up in a shirt before! But anyways, I plan on opening it. I don't know for sure if the water reached the MOBO but I do want to check it to avoid these problems.

I also always was afraid to use a toothbrush in a motherboard. Is it safe to do so even in the small components? Do I need to apply much pressure or very low pressure?

Thank you!

Smart thinking on the shirt! Yes, it perfectly safe to use a toothbrush...as for the pressure, just don't go crazy...just pretend you're brushing your teeth!

Victor Beloni will be eternally grateful.