Touch ID not working with screen replacement but original home button

Hi all.

I can't seem to find any answers to this and it has me stumped.

I have replaced a display on a iPhone 6s but have carefully transferred the original home button to the new assembly but the touch ID will not work.

I have also removed the original lcd backplate from the broken screen and connected the home button to that and then that to the board with the same result.

Can anyone help me?

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

i think you have damaged the FTP ribbon. i have seen this so many times. the ribbon has perforations at the top of the flex on the lcd part. check the perforations for breaks where it leaves the back of the lcd metal shield. good part is you can fit a replacement ribbon just not the actual button

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that is the case though. I was so careful when performing the replacement, and like I said in my original post, I even swapped it for the original with the same result

domhaywood will be eternally grateful.