How to change dpi to over 300 on Windows 10 computer

I was able to scan up to 600 and 1200 dpi on my Brothers Printers/Scanner MFC-J435W with my Vista computer. Just got new Windows 10 computer and now scanner only gives me highest option of 300 dpi. How can I change this so I can scan at a higher dpi?

What application are you using to scan with?

I was using Windows only. I failed to download the Utility Disk from Brothers. I had to also update my Drivers. Thanks for responding.

Are you using Windows 10 built in drivers, or did you download the ones from brother.com? The easiest way to tell is if you have "Brother Control Center" utility. Inside the Brother Control Center utiliy, choose the scan function. In the advanced mode, you can control dpi and other scanning details.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloade...

I was using Windows only - must have had a brain freeze as I failed to download the Utility Disk from Brothers. LOL I had to also update my Drivers. Thanks for responding & sending the Link! Very helpful! :)

Linda will be eternally grateful.