Ring/Silent Switch won't stay clicked up

Just started happening out of nowhere. My ring/silent switch wont stay clicked up. It presses up and just springs back down. I'm out of warranty and have no issues taking apart my phone. How does one repair the switch? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Start by opening up the phone and see if some type of debris is causing this issue. If not then there are a couple different ways to fix/replace the switch.

Thanks for the response! I opened my phone and nothing seems to be interfering with the switch. How do I go about fixing/replacing it?

Most Helpful Answer

Have you tried just cleaning around the switch itself? I've seen dirt just around the switch cause that problem, I usually just use some fine tweezers to scrape it loose then blow the rest out.

Yeah, I tried. I also opened up the phone and couldn't seem to find any debris that would be causing issues. Looking to switch/fix the switch now so if you know of any way to do that please let me know. Thank you so much for the response!

This helped me a lot, I fixed it without any parts and now I have a very happy customer! Thanks a bunch!

Hi there. Don't know if you ended up finding a solution, but I had the same issue (iPhone 6, no longer had a warranty), was browsing through the Answers Index on this website, and tried a quick suggestion: I pressed the the top and bottom sides of my phone together with my thumb and index finger while turning up/ down the ring/silent button. Strange, I know, but it fixed it instantly!!

dailyshane1234 will be eternally grateful.