iPhone stuck in restore mode (Error 9) after drop.

I have recently been given a broken iPhone 6 to fix. The iPhone was given to me after being dropped. Below are some pictures of the damage:

Top Left Corner

Headphone Jack and Bottom Left Corner

Top Right Corner

Bottom Right Corner

Left Screen Lifting Damage

Apparently the phone initially worked fine after the drop, but when the user restarted the device it became stuck in a Apple Logo bootloop (Boots to Apple Logo, then white screen, then shutdown). Upon receiving the device I placed it into DFU mode and attempted a restore. This failed with error 9. During the restore several things happened on screen, which I have described and included below:

It started off fine, with the Apple Logo and Progress Bar showing. The screen then turned a bit fuzzy with lines, before becoming worse. The restore then froze, before iTunes gave error 9.

I have attempted this restore several times since, sometimes it get stuck and sometimes it fails with error 9.

The The iPhone is now stuck in restore mode, which is progress I guess?

What I would like to know is what the likely cause of this could be? I have the parts to replace nearly everything but the logic board if necessary, just would like to know which parts could be causing the issue, or if there is something else I could try software wise?

Thank you for your suggestions/advice!

a) if you don't click anything, does it just continue and eventually finish?

b) if not, can you open it up and see if the baseband related chips got knocked loose?

I haven't tried that when it gets stuck, I'll give it a go today! :) I'm just waiting for a replacement screwdriver to arrive as my last one broke, will let you know when it's opened. Cheers

Quick update! Tried DFU mode restore one last time and it worked! The touch still doesn't work, but that's an easy fix. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Another DFU mode restore fully worked and it is now fine, other than the physical damage. I did have an issue where it wouldn't connect to the cell network, but I fixed this by resetting the Network Settings.

I resently repaired one with the same issue and I had to replace the logic.

Oh dear! That's not quite what I was hoping for. Where did you get a replacement logic board from?

When you dropped it did you hear enything unusual? If you did may it interfered with it!

Posted an update above but forgot to update here. I managed to get the phone fully restored by putting it back into DFU mode again! It's now fully working other than a sometimes unresponsive screen and a battery that has a high cycle count, both of which I am going to refurbish. (I didn't drop the phone, it was brought to me that way.)

@pnz101 if you are planning to refurbish replace the housing too it will make it look better and you will get more money

Maybe you can get more info from this article: How to fix an iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

You might know that error 9 occurs when the device loses its connection, causing it to unexpectedly disconnect during syncing. There are some solutions for you that might help you solve this problem. Just check out the cable connection both on your phone and laptop, and ensure you are on the latest iTunes version. Or you can try to close all your virtualization apps so that they would not interrupt the process. Hope this would do a favor for you.

I have the same problem as you have, maybe we can discuss together.

Part1. What is the iTunes Error 9

iTunes Error 9 is noted to be not as common or frequent than other errors such as Error 3149, 4013, 4014 and the like. The problem, however, is that when it strikes, it strikes quite hard. The time it ‘strikes’ is mainly during updating or restoring your iOS device. When that occurs, all your progress is lost and your iOS device will effectively be stuck in whichever of the two options it was doing.

Part 2. Common Solutions to Fix the iTunes Error 9

Method 1: Hard Resetting YouriOS Device to FixiTuens Error 9

Method 2: Fixing iPhone Error 9 by Updating Your iTunes

Method 3: Using a Different Computer

Part3. The Easiest and Most Time-Efficient Method: Using FoneDog - iOS System Recovery

This is where FoneDog - iOS System Recovery becomes a total no-brainer to use. It is important to also take notice that this method will NOT meddle with your data. A great advantage!

Part4. Video Guide: '''How to Fix iTunes Error 9 or iPhone Error 9'''''italic text''

Related Tutorial : How to Completely Fix the iTunes Error 9 (iPhone Error 9)''italic text''

Hope it will help you as soon as possible

Patrick will be eternally grateful.