The JBL Charge 2+ made by JBL is the seconded generation of the JBL Charge brand.

Can't connect JBL Flip 3 and JBL Charge 3 properly

Whenever I try to connect both of my speakers JBL Flip 3 and JBL Charge 3 to my iPhone 7 one of them the music keep cutting ( depends which one is the main speaker) The main speaker I'm connected to play music perfectly the other one keep disconnecting specially when I change the volume, change the songs, or even move the speaker. If I connect to only one of them alone without using the JBL connect feature the speaker works perfectly.

- Both speakers appear connected on bluetooth page on mobile device

-Both speakers appear connected on JBL connect app

- Both speakers firmware are up to date

- Iphone 7 IOS up to date

- Tried different mobile device and even a MBP had same problem

- Tried un-pairing, pairing again had same problem

- Tried reseting both speakers problem unsolved

- Tried turning off all bluetooth devices in the room as the sound keep cutting as if there is something interfering with it. Same problem

Can anyone help?

Most Helpful Answer

Hi

This problem seems to be only with IOS based devices. I tested this with iphone, ipad and Samsung Galaxy A3.

Instead of your speakers I have two JBL charge 3 speakers, but have the same problem.

To understand connections by bluetooth better, I renamed by JBL Connect app the speakers as JBL1 and JBL2. This is not necessary if you have different names already.

The solution is this:

Connect iphones bluetooth only with ONE speaker so that the power button of the connected speaker will change blue. The other speakers power button will stay white.

Go to JBL Connect app and after you see the connected speaker push the orange JBL Connect button and just after that push the Connect button on both speakers.

JBL Connect will do the pairing.

Select either party mode or stereo mode.

Play the music, increase or decrease the volume or do anything else, it will work.

If you now have a look at the bluetooth settings of iphone, you will see the connected device twice on the device list.

If you connect also the other speakers bluetooth connection on, you will have the problem back.

You got it mate, thanks!

First thing I did was reset both speakers as suggested by troubleshooting guide.

This was done by holding the Volume + and the Phone button for 3 seconds. This will reset to factory settings.

After that did not work, I downloaded the JBL connect app, and upgraded the firmware on both speakers.

Now I am able to have them connect as long as I pair them both to my iPhone, then press the connect button on both speakers.

I had the same problem one speaker cutting out when pairing 2 flip 3s . I went to phone Bluetooth settings and disconnected one of them. I have to do that every time or I get the same problem.

cut85 will be eternally grateful.