Repair guides and support for many cameras in the PowerShot Line.

Battery door won't open when latch is moved

Screen says: "replace batteries"

When I try to open the battery door, the latch slides, but does not releease...

HELP!

Thanks,

Rog

@rfsmith48, Roger, while pushing release try press down and wiggling the door a little side to side and then pull up on door. Once open put a little lube on the latch and mechanism. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

normally anyone with a lick of sense would have already done all of the above :( I made the comment when I decided to google a solution stating, I see so many of these cameras in the hock shops and thrift stores with broken battery doors, now I know why :( If you do this BS you will end up with yet another camera with a broken door. :( Boo Hiss

Linda my dear, you have totally shot down L Pfaff, but I fail to see your solution. When you fail to use the camera for an extended period of time, the batteries will corrode and cause the batteries to seize on the metal connectors on the door itself, which is what happened to mine. I came here looking for a solution, not sarcasm.

roger will be eternally grateful.