My the device doesn't turn on.

Hello all,

I have this issue with an iPhone 5s. The screen went blue a couple of times then after a while the device didn't turn on anymore. I'd like to invest some time and money into trying to fix it, even if it doesn't worth it overall, for the sake of learning.

So, I checked the battery and when fully loaded the voltage seems to be fine. From reading other forums I found out that the main board or the logic board may be the problem. Is there way to diagnose it? I would clearly buy a new one from eBay and try to replace it if that's the case.

Where else should I look? What else can the problem be?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

I would avoid eBay, it's kind of like playing the lottery. I would buy two parts from iFixit

First I would buy this

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery

Likely your culprit

You could need to buy this

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

I'm guessing you'll need one or both of those, if it's the board, you'll want to send it out to a repair service, like iPad Rehab

iPhone 5s Battery Replacement

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector Replacement

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery Image
iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image
iPhone 5s Battery Image

Guide

iPhone 5s Battery Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate20 - 40 minutos

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector Image

Guide

Difficulty: Moderate1 - 2 horas

Does the phone not turn on or does it not display? Trying flipping the vibrate/mute switch and see if it vibrates. Also try plugging it into itunes to see if it recognizes it.

iTunes doesn't recognize it. It's fully off :(

VRad will be eternally grateful.