Comprehensive repair manuals on all portable tablet computers by Apple. Repairs are likely to require heat and careful prying.

Best anti static tape

Just after some advice on what anti static tape to buy when fixing iPads, I'm in the UK. Thanks.

Can you explain a bit deeper here what you are doing.

Technically there is no such thing as anti-static tape only dissipative tape materials (conductive).

- Aluminum foil tape

- EMI gasket tape

Both which are electrically conductive

Basically, I'm repairing an iPad that someone has already had a go at and failed miserably. They have removed and discarded all the black tape that you have to remove to repair the screen, now it's ghosting. Normally I just remove and replace tape but as it's not there I need to buy some to try and stop the ghosting problems. On researching I can get Kapton antistatic tape but I'm not sure if that's what I need or Kapton heat resistant, or something else entirely.

Thanks you.

@soop - You don't want a conductive tape here (Anti-static or EMI)! You want an insulating tape (straight plain Kaptan tape).

Here's a description on what you'll need to do: How To Fix iPad Ghosting

I didn't even know this was a thing. Is Kapton tape anti static?

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/a...

I love Kapton tape for it's insulating properties both electrically & heat. It is not anti-static. But you can get one that has ESD conductivity! Conductive Kaptan Tape, RoHS Compliant

Susan will be eternally grateful.