Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iFixit Replacement Battery Not Charging or Reading % right

Hi all,

I ordered the battery replacement kit for the iPhone 6 Plus and followed the replacement guide as closely as possible. I did run into trouble with the adhesive but eventually got the old battery out. When I put the new battery in, I found the connector didn't set very nicely, but I believe it connected, as well with the other connectors (the digitzer, etc) up top.

After reassembly I turned the phone on and was just happy to see it turn on successfully. After a few hours of use though I noticed the battery percentage wasn't reading right. It would keep flip flopping between numbers like, 12%, 9%, 12% again etc. I thought maybe a calibration would help, but when I let it charge overnight I noticed it didn't charge at all and stayed at 9% all night.

I'm really nervous and upset about this and hoping for some advice or help.

If you bought a bad battery from iFixit. Just hit em up. They're pretty good at honoring they're warranty. I think I've had to do this twice in the past year or two. They respond and ship IMMEDIATELY

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like a dudd battery, id contact the vendor for a replacement, even official apple batteries can be faulty.

Went to a repair place today and the battery was swapped out for one they had. Worked perfect after that. I bought the battery from on here. Bummer. Thanks for the reply.

As rayeasom says, absolutely replace the battery with another one, preferably one that is known-good, perhaps from another device.

If it fails, it is indicative of a charging problem on your logic board and requires a micro-soldering repair.

Dalaney Vartenisian will be eternally grateful.